What kind of detailing products do you guys use?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duragloss total performance polish coupled with the Duragloss bonding agent has been making some (durability) noise lately VS Zanio. Claims are it lasting 6months.

This is a one of a kind product! Duragloss Polish Bonding Agent serves as “glue” between the paint and a polymer paint sealant in the sense that it encourages a better bond and longer life of the sealant. You can get double the protection and double the length of protection by simply adding one coat of PBA before your last step product.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:18 PM
I really like many of the Duragloss products, particularly their car wash soap, aquawax, total performance polish, fast clean and shine, and their odor eliminator. Their car was soap is among the best I've used. Total performance polish has given me 6+ months of solid protection. Aquawax is super easy to use, doesn't stain anything, also works great on wheels and it gives ~6+ weeks of protection and I'm seeing the same results for our repeat customers. Fast clean and shine is one of my favorite quick detailers and it offers excellent anti-static properties to keep the exterior paint cleaner for longer. We live in an equestrian community and the horses on our property are always kicking up dust. Duragloss FCS definitely keeps our vehicles kept outside 24 X 7 cleaner for longer and my customers have echoed the same comments to me.

Maintenance is super easy. After washing, clay and a full polish, simply apply Duragloss PBA and let it haze (don't wipe off). Then apply their TPP (thin) with a foam or micro fiber applicator. It goes on quick and easy. Let it haze and buff it off with a micro fiber. It comes off very easy. You're now protected for 6+ months! From here, it's just a matter of washing every couple weeks or so. For instance, wash every other week with Duragloss car wash soap. After washing, spray the panels with FCS and wipe them off with a micro fiber (one panel at a time). This will restore slickness, beauty and give you anti-static properties. Use Aquawax every other wash or once a month if you want maximum protection. Your car / truck doesn't even have to be completely dry to use Aquawax. You simply spray it on and wipe it off and you can do this on rubber, plastic, paint, your wheel, etc, and it doesn't stain or turn white, etc. At the end of 6 months, then revaluate your surface and see if you need to wash / clay / polish and apply TPP again. This regimen will ensure your vehicle stays looking great all year long and keeps your finish protected from the outside elements.

If you have fully prepped your vehicles surface (wash / clay / polish), you don't have to use their pre-bonding agent, but I still use it since I have plenty of it on hand. I haven't tested the durability of their TPP with and without their PBA, but 6+ months of durability with TPP is very realistic.

I personally think these Duragloss products are one of the best values vs. performance and would put their performance up their with any of the high end boutique products. They're currently on sale at CarQuest through the end of May. $19.99 for a gallon of car wash soap, $23 for a gallon of Aquawax, $19.23 for a gallon of FCS, $48.74 for a gallon of TPP. And they have these products in smaller sizes (i.e. Aquawax 22oz for $4.99, Car Wash Soap 16oz for $3.49, etc). Here's a link to their flyer with some of their sale prices.

http://www.carquest.com/promotions/07_Spring_CCS.pdf

Old 04-27-2007, 02:57 PM
I use stuff from Adams Polishes.
http://www.adamspolishes.com

Old 04-27-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm getting lazy in my old age, I used to do the Meg's 3 step, now I just use the 1 step cleaner-wax. If you use it a couple times a year it still looks good. The old black taurus still looks good.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by jimm
I'm getting lazy in my old age, I used to do the Meg's 3 step, now I just use the 1 step cleaner-wax. If you use it a couple times a year it still looks good. The old black taurus still looks good.
I hear that!

All I do now is use a fine polish/glaze once or twice a year and wax every few months. Paint still looks excellent.

I can't believe people are now layering various coats of wax. They must spend 4-6 hours at a time doing it. Well whatever floats their boat. I'd rather be out in a boat.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the great review qadsan.

I was hoping you would chime in. I read your post about the Aquawax being on sale @ Car Quest--in turn, made me more inquisitive about Duragloss. I couldn't believe what I was reading really, in terms of price and what Duragloss durability claims are. Anyway, Duragloss definitely grabbed my attention. I mean, sheezuz.....What would it cost to have the same kind of Zaino protection at the Duragloss price point?

Yes, then their car wash soap which also gets rave, (cherry smell) reviews.

It all sounds good to me. About the only thing I'm wondering, how well does it look on black paint?

Old 04-28-2007, 02:38 AM
Originally Posted by rustyzipper
...It all sounds good to me. About the only thing I'm wondering, how well does it look on black paint?
It looks as good on black as any high quality polymer sealant. You can always top these products with the nuba of your choice. And you can also use Aquawax on top of your nuba (surprise). It just depends on the look you're after, but there are a lot of high quality sealants from many different companies to choose from that will give you great looks and great durability such as CG M-Seal, Menzerna FMJ / Blackfire Wet Diamond, Jeff's Werkstatt products, Megs #21, FK2180, Einszett, Klasse, Poorboys EX/EXP, Opti-Seal, the PBMA products such as Wolfgang / Pinnacle / DP, Zaino, Four Star UPP, etc, etc, etc. I have all these products any many more on hand to play with and there just isn't a bad choice with any of these.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:32 AM
To be sure all those durability products you recommend would be fine choices. However, it seems Duragloss is an excellent choice given the OTC, availability, simplicity of use, and at price point that is unmatched, specifically VS. Zaino Bros.

Delving into other detailing forums, there are threads totally devoted to Duragloss products, in which, none wouldn't switch back to any other durability, shine product. That's saying something, especially what most of what I've read has been on the Auto Geek forums VS. the merry-go-round of products they sell. Most of their customers are on a continual product flip flop. Not these Duragloss guys boy. You'd have to pry the bottles out of their hands, defending the product to their death.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Yeah, given the OTC availability, simplicity of use and the price point with high end results, it definitely makes these products an attractive offering in my opinion. I used to use Duragloss & Wax Shop products a few decades ago and completely forgot about them over time. Then one day a year or two ago I read some interesting comments about Duragloss products on a detailing forum and was shocked to hear the Duragloss name again. The more I searched, the more I liked what I read about their latest product offerings and had to try them out again. I’ve been very impressed with many of their products that I’ve tried and continue to use them personally and for our clients, but by no means am I an exclusive Duragloss customer. I’m always being sent samples from various companies and buying products here and there to play with, etc. There are a ton of great choices out there and I just don’t see a clear product choice winner that’s the absolute best for all applications, all people’s needs and wants, all environments, etc, but the Duragloss products are definitely worth checking out if you’re into trying new things.

As crazy as it may sound to some people, if I did have to pick a single best product line to work from and could only use that one line, it would be Meguiar's. No other company here in the USA has the range of products and the support system and the history they do. Every company has some dud products, but they've had plenty of winners and will continue to do so in my opinion. Meguiar’s products have always had a place in my shop and I don’t ever see that changing. Anybody with true detailing experience can create and maintain a show car finish with their products, but I do like trying new product offerings and look forward to playing with new products every year. Right now I'm playing with some new unreleased Einszett and Chemical Guys products that looks very promising

Old 04-29-2007, 12:39 AM
I presume this is all old hat for you qadsan, which I can appreciate. And can also appreciate your knowledge base that goes along with it. Believe me, being a newbie it's very easy to become an overachiever. I'm an ensachable reader, which sometimes can become a hindrace facing the practical. However, knowledge is power.

Here's to to caring for your labor of love.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:04 PM
Wizards products=OUTSTANDING RESULTS!

Quick Reply: What kind of detailing products do you guys use?