2nd Coat of NXT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 08:07 PM
ski
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2nd Coat of NXT?

I finally got to do the 3 step meguiars process, but put NXT on it instead of #3. My question is I know I have to wait about 12 hours to put a 2nd coat of NXT, but I'll be driving my truck and won't be able to wax it for a couple of days, I should just rewash with the meg's gold class wash then dry and put NXT on right? Is there anything else I should do, and how long should I wait until after the 2nd coat of NXT to put on the S100 12 hours?

Old 04-18-2007, 08:48 PM
24 hours...

Old 04-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Meguiar's says 24-hours between coats... I don't adhere to that as it's simply too conservative in my opinion. I was told by Meg's folks when I was there for training that the 24-hour number is to make sure that all climates are accounted for... in short, if you're not in an ultra-humid environment, you should be good to go after 12 (or even less). In a hot and humid (like FL), one should wait the full duration in some cases.

Let me know what you think about the S100... I just finished testing a couple of lab samples for them. I loved one -- hated the other.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:41 AM
Do you see any drawbacks putting the S100 over #20 RockPick? I've got a crap load of #20 to use up. Or maybe a better question would be, what would be a good topper over #20? I don't want to waste this S100 really. I've read where NXT S100 is an excellent combo--but yet another purchase with the NXT.

Wish I had some of this.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Moderator &

You'll have no issues using it OVER the #20 in my opinion....

How much #20 do you have? I may be interested in buying a small quantity off of you if you would divest.... PM me.

#16? I have 'several' tins. Sorry though, they're not available for purchase.... well, not cheap.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:29 AM
>>>How much #20 do you have?<<<

From the looks of your gallon jugs of final detail, I'm out of your league when I mention a crap load.

Honestly, I only have around 3-1/2 16oz. bottles. For me, that's a lot even with another truck and a car I'm using it on.

Can't say I blame you one bit with the #16 tins you have. I've seen #16 selling for as much as $60.00 on eBay. I feel the same about the Gold Medallion paint cleaner and wax I have. The Medallion wax is great in reference to the extra UV protection it provides, but the paint cleaner is like none other--working exceptionally well on black paint after a good claying. The S100, I can't wait to see the results. Looks like the weather is finally going to cooperate this weekend for extreme detailing.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by rustyzipper

From the looks of your gallon jugs of final detail, I'm out of your league when I mention a crap load.
Those are 5-gallon jugs buddy-o-boy. LOL!

Honestly, I only have around 3-1/2 16oz. bottles. For me, that's a lot even with another truck and a car I'm using it on.
Understood. PM me if you want to divest 16oz.

Can't say I blame you one bit with the #16 tins you have. I've seen #16 selling for as much as $60.00 on eBay.
You don't say? I may have to sell off some of mine -- reserve of $50/tin... man, that'd kick butt!

I feel the same about the Gold Medallion paint cleaner and wax I have. The Medallion wax is great in reference to the extra UV protection it provides, but the paint cleaner is like none other--working exceptionally well on black paint after a good claying.
MPPC - 4 bottles... MPPP - 3.5 bottles. I'm good and agree that they are FANTASTIC products. Damn VOC regulations!

Trending Topics

Old 04-19-2007, 12:12 PM
What I'm very, extremely, interested in is that new S100 hard wax you're testing. Especially so in reference to your comparison too the almost as good as the #16. Hard wax you normally think of as hard to remove, no?

Old 04-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by rustyzipper
What I'm very, extremely, interested in is that new S100 hard wax you're testing. Especially so in reference to your comparison too the almost as good as the #16. Hard wax you normally think of as hard to remove, no?
Nah... not hard to remove. The key is THIN THIN THIN on your application.

You gain nothing by 'slopping' it on there. Remember, you're only leaving a layer of wax behind on the paint... one that is VERY thin. So basically, putting it on thick is simply wasting the product.

The wax that I'm testing is actually p21s's product... not s100. Sorry about that. I believe that the test sample's name was 241 or something like that... I think that's just a random number though for internal use and not the actual name...

Old 04-19-2007, 02:32 PM
>>>Nah... not hard to remove. The key is THIN THIN THIN on your application.<<<

What I was remembering was the old Simonize yellow paste wax from the 60's-70's years. I put that stuff on once, and it was brutal to remove by hand. I swore up and down it actually fused itself to the paint.

Old 04-20-2007, 05:20 PM
RP--do you have any pics of your detailing arsenal ??? I'm curious if it takes up all of your garage...

(BTW-- I see your house is as well kept as your truck...your gallery pic that has the KR and the Home depot toys... shows a neatly cut lawn, no grass on the driveway, nicely edged...OCD!!!) I know a good lawn--I do that as a sidejob. Yours looks good. (no surprise)

Old 04-21-2007, 08:06 PM
Moderator &

You've actually highlighted BOTH of my OCD's... my yard and my vehicles. Honestly, those are the only two... well, the only two that are seriously out of control.

No pics... sorry. I guess I could snare a few one of these days. The stock varies but, you'll see some 'old stand bys' always.

-RP-

Old 04-22-2007, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
You've actually highlighted BOTH of my OCD's... my yard and my vehicles. Honestly, those are the only two... well, the only two that are seriously out of control.

No pics... sorry. I guess I could snare a few one of these days. The stock varies but, you'll see some 'old stand bys' always.

-RP-
I am just glad to know that I am not the only one that has yard and car/truck OCD's...(had to hire a yard guy so I could focus my attention to my other OCD's)

However I have extended mine to my bicycles, my Jayco....my neighbor caught me claying my TT last year. I also take my old clay and clay my windows on the house. Yes it is sad.

I am training my 3.5 year old daughter the two bucket method. She can almost hold up the DA. Brings a tear to my eye.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I am training my 3.5 year old daughter the two bucket method. She can almost hold up the DA. Brings a tear to my eye.
Instead of reading Dr. Spock he was reading Dr. RockPick

Old 04-25-2007, 02:30 AM
whats the deal with that 5 Star Shine Stuff? Anyone tried it?

Quick Reply: 2nd Coat of NXT?