Black 2007 swirl suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad that it worked for you... the more I work with #80, the more I like it. It's VERY versatile and will deal with a broad range of paint imperfection.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by firefighter13
Brazos County... Bryan/College Station area... I know nothing as glamorous as the Plano/Dallas/Frisco area, but you know. How about yourself?
I had a borther-in-law that used to teach fire training in CS. I went through a couple scenarios when I was at A&M to see what it was about. Pretty intresting...

Now he is the Police Chief in Watauga that had the two guys teaching the 2 and 5 year olds to smoke dope.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by dennisfranz
I had a borther-in-law that used to teach fire training in CS. I went through a couple scenarios when I was at A&M to see what it was about. Pretty intresting...

Now he is the Police Chief in Watauga that had the two guys teaching the 2 and 5 year olds to smoke dope.
Talk about media attention... So did you go to A&M?

Old 04-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Oh by the way, thanks to everyone who has taken the time to point me in the right direction.

Aaron

Old 04-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by 05supercrew
I did 2 applications of #80 then #21 but it rained as I finished #21 so a week later I washed the truck and did the #21 again. Waited 24 hrs and applied one coat of Mothers Syn wax. The paint looks like a mirror. I used a Sears orbital buffer with a foam pad. #80 did a great job of removing the swirl makes and the #21 brings out the shine. My thanks to RP for recomending these products.
I have been watching this post as I have a 2003 in need of some detailing attention. When you guys are referring to the #21 and #80 what exactly are you referring to?

Old 04-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by knucklehead
I have been watching this post as I have a 2003 in need of some detailing attention. When you guys are referring to the #21 and #80 what exactly are you referring to?
They're referring to specific products from the Meguiar's professional line of products. Here are the links for #80 and #21 from Meguiar's. You normally won't find many of the Meguiar's professional line of products (tan bottles) in your local auto parts stores, but can generally get these products from your local Paint, Body and Equipment shops. They're also available online from many stores that carry detailing supplies such as Auto Detailing Solutions in Arizona. http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com

#80 / Speed Glaze
http://www.meguiars.com/?pro-cleaner...hs/Speed-Glaze

#21 / Synthetic Sealant
http://www.meguiars.com/?pro-liquid-...thetic-Sealant

Old 05-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by knucklehead
Qadson explained it right. #80 and #21 are great products and to add to these products I just started to use 303 aerospace protectant for the trim and interior. I think my next purchase will be the S100 wax.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Sorry if this is a little late.

My '04 looked exactly like that when I bought it (even black). I've always sworn by MG, but after talking to my body-shop guy I tried the 3M perfect-it series and couldn't have been happier.

Their "ultrafina SE" (swirl eliminator), used with the DW443 and a 6-1/2" polishing pad, and then finishing pad, took care of 90% of it. For the tougher areas, I used a DW849 (yep, I'm a dewalt guy) with some 6-1/2" wool pads for application, and then went back over it with the SE and the DW443 again. For being a first timer, I'm EXTREMELY pleased with how it came out. I ended up going over the whole thing again with the MG Mirror Glaze and the 443 for a good finish.

HTH. Again, I'm an amateur, but I honestly don't think a pro could have done any better. Except of course for where the old lady distracted me and I burnt the freakin' paint, luckily it's clear at the bottom of the tailgate - you'd have to know it was there to see it.

Quick Reply: Black 2007 swirl suggestions