Detailing Engine Question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Detailing Engine Question...

the other day i went mudding and yesterday i was cleaning my engine...and when i got done i started my truck up and it had a studder to it and i had white smoke come out the exhaust...but now its fine and runs great...what could of caused that..?

Old 04-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Hey, Matt- (long time, no see)

Sounds like you got a bit of water into the air intake. (If I remember right, don't you have the FIPK???) Did you cover everything up as prescribed by the owners manual??? I washed mine according to that method, and it worked fine. My reccommendation is to be careful, though. No high pressure water.

--PM or email me...How is everything going as of yet, and how's the tuner doing???--

Old 04-24-2007, 11:48 PM
You should leave your engine running while you wash your engine. Put a towel over your air filter and still try not to get the towel/filter wet. When done, spray everything in the engine department (not the belts or filter) with armor all and blow dry with compressed air. I used to work at a Toyota remanufacturing plant and that is how we did it there. I have also used this method on my last three trucks with great results.

Quick Reply: Detailing Engine Question...