Are these Turtle Wax Products Worth a Try??....

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are these Turtle Wax Products Worth a Try??....

2 TurtleWax products worthy of use or should I stay away from them?

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,1,4

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,1,1

Old 04-25-2007, 08:05 PM
My two cents.....

Don't waste your money on the liquid clay bar .. I don't like them myself, and I have never talked to anyone that thought liquid clay bars worked, or liked the finished product..

I see mixed reviews on Ice .. I personally don't care for it, but there are some peopel that really like the looks. It is not much in the protection department, from the opinions I have heard.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would stay away from the Liquid Clay Bar concept. It simply does not work as well as the real clay bar. A LCB isn't a new concept -- a company called Diamondite has been making it for YEARS and YEARS...

As for Ice -- like Gip, I've heard raves and I've heard roars. If you're really bored and have a few extra bucks to toss at it, why not? If you want something that's tried and true with probably more protection and longer lasting end results, stick with Mother's Synwax or Meguiar's NXT - both of which you'll find on your local auto parts store shelf.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks guys, thats what I thought, if its too easy or sounds too good..... .

Another question, regarding the polish step, my truck is relatively new, '06 with little over 5k miles. I am 2 bucket washing and have not noticed any swirls appear so far in the paint. If my finish is absent of swirls and/or other minor scratches, can I just clay then apply a coat of NXT? Or does the polish step have other benefits that I need to be aware of?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

*edit cause I can't spell *

Last edited by HavocX10; 04-26-2007 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Moderator &

The polish step may or may not help you. If anything, it may add a bit more luster to your overall look but, on silver, you'll be hard-pressed to really note much of a difference.

Also, keep in mind that NXT has a very slight 'cleaning' (polishing) component to it. It's slight, so definitely don't expect a bunch. But, if you did have VERY minor swirling and it was applied correctly (working the product to remove a bit of problem paint rather than wipe on/wipe off (which is perfectly fine for those who don't have any paint problems)), you'll note that it removes a tad of a light swirl or similar... again though, no one recommends this product as a 'cleaner wax'.

Sorry... don't mean to confuse...

To answer your questions very directly, go straight to NXT post-clay.

RP

Old 04-26-2007, 07:16 AM
Good deal RP, thanks again. Regarding a "cleaner wax", I'm assuming those products are for folks that may have a slight need for some swirl removal but not so bad that they need to go to the polish step?. If so, are they a good choice or are would you be better off to go with a true polish product followed by a true wax product?

Lastly, to exhibit my true newbness (be gentle ), I have been reading in numerous posts about folks using the terms "DA and PC". What are these?

Old 04-26-2007, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
The polish step may or may not help you. If anything, it may add a bit more luster to your overall look but, on silver, you'll be hard-pressed to really note much of a difference.

RP
I don't mean to contradict you, RP, but I've found that #7 (as opposed to any other polish I've tried) really brings out a deep, wet look to the paint. The others sometimes do a little of this, or bring out the flake, but 7 looks absolutely amazing on my year of paint (Silver Clearcoat metallic) Granted, I have older paint, so it may be that.

Trending Topics

Old 04-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by HavocX10
Lastly, to exhibit my true newbness (be gentle ), I have been reading in numerous posts about folks using the terms "DA and PC". What are these?
Dual Action buffer/polisher (AKA: G-100, AKA Porter cable)

All I have to say is: Get one. You'll never regret it.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by HavocX10
Good deal RP, thanks again. Regarding a "cleaner wax", I'm assuming those products are for folks that may have a slight need for some swirl removal but not so bad that they need to go to the polish step?. If so, are they a good choice or are would you be better off to go with a true polish product followed by a true wax product?

Great questions....

If it were mine and it required NO polishing for problem removal, I'd go pure polish and pure wax.

DA and PC are the same. DA = Dual Action / Porter Cable = PC... PC = DA.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by f-150sport03
I don't mean to contradict you, RP, but I've found that #7 (as opposed to any other polish I've tried) really brings out a deep, wet look to the paint. The others sometimes do a little of this, or bring out the flake, but 7 looks absolutely amazing on my year of paint (Silver Clearcoat metallic) Granted, I have older paint, so it may be that.
Fair enough... I may have generalized silver/grey/white too much with my earlier post.

Personally, I've not worked on a boatload of silver vehicles and, as such, might not be in the best spot to really generalize it like I did.

I'll give #7 a whirl on my next silver with flake detail.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:44 PM
My favorite Meg's combo on silver:

#7, #20, #26

I used that for a long time, prior to switching to CIW ..

Old 04-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by Gipraw
My favorite Meg's combo on silver:

#7, #20, #26

I used that for a long time, prior to switching to CIW ..
Guess what color the 2002 Mustang is that's sitting outside right now that I'll start in the morning?!? HA!

Owner dropped it off a little while ago... I thought that it was a red one. Nope, it's silver!

Guess what I'll be using? LOL!

Quick Reply: Are these Turtle Wax Products Worth a Try??....