Zymol wax.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zymol wax.....

Do any of you guys wax your truck with zymol products? I use this stuff religiously on my sports car and my truck. After applying two coats to my truck it looks “wet” for weeks! I just haven’t read anything about it on this forum and wanted to know what you guys (and gals) thought.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've used it... not too bad.

It's a carnuba-based wax. At $10ish/bottle, it's probably not a horrible deal. Not atop my list but, certainly not at the bottom.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:46 PM
I just love all of their product line. What do you have against carnauba waxes if you don’t mind me asking? We own several full service car washes in the southeast and think that’s its great to use a carnauba wax as one of the steps in exterior detail care.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:51 AM
Personally I've never read anything good or bad about Zymol other than their exotic 7-10k stuff. Do they make a paste? I like paste waxes myself.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:00 AM
Here you go. Skip on the 10,000 dollar wax- unless you win the lottery! I’m sold on all of their products…….

http://www.vertar.com/zymol/

Hope this helps

Old 04-26-2007, 01:45 AM
I think I'm getting the picture on Zymol. If you get what you pay for, then I'll have to presume this is some pretty good wax. However, in reading their $46.00 wax ingredients label, it would appear to be the same ingredients used as the P21S - (S100 concours priced at $9.00, and found at any Harley Davidson shop.) Maybe you missed out on this one GA06KR4x4?

Cha -Ching!

Ranked #1 by a top consumer reports magazine, P21S/S100 Concours Carnauba Wax will seal your finish with high gloss sheen!

When it tops the list of a popular consumer magazine survey, you know it has to be good. Guru Reports is devoted to testing and providing highly esteemed results on a variety of products in the car care industry. P21S Concours Carnauba Wax ranked as the #1 paste wax, and received the highest scores possible in areas that included initial shine, gloss, depth, color enhancement, and overall impression. It also received the “Editor’s Choice” report that stated, “No other carnauba has that wholesome look that P21S has.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:59 AM
Uh yes. Total foot in mouth embarrassment. Where can I get this stuff- Google I know. Have you used it?

I would gladly try this product. If people trust this on their Harleys than I could definitely use it on my truck!

Old 04-26-2007, 02:16 AM
>>>Have you used it?<<<

Yes, I've used it. And it is every bit as good as stated in the reviews. It works especially well on dark and black paint. The S100 is the same product as the P21S which is priced much higher, and touted as their automotive wax.

What is being posted on many detail forum boards as "the hot new shine" is, one coat of Meguiars NXT, and two coats of S100 as a top coat.

Link.....http://www.topoftheline.com/s100motorcyclewax.html

Old 04-26-2007, 02:21 AM
Thanks! Just ordered. I hope you didn’t think I was being pretentious with the zymol stuff. The guys at the dealership where I bought my car ram that and griots garage stuff down my throat.

Thanks again for the help!

Old 04-26-2007, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by GA06KR4x4
Thanks! Just ordered. I hope you didn’t think I was being pretentious with the zymol stuff. The guys at the dealership where I bought my car ram that and griots garage stuff down my throat.

Thanks again for the help!

proper prep, and correct use are more important than the specific product when you are choosing a awx, as long as you are choosing among choices that are all high quality.

Remember .. it is your vehicle .. if you like the way it makes your paint look .. then use it ..

Old 04-26-2007, 12:57 PM
I just love all of their product line. What do you have against carnauba waxes if you don’t mind me asking? We own several full service car washes in the southeast and think that’s its great to use a carnauba wax as one of the steps in exterior detail care.
I'm not speaking for RP here but I don't think anyone has anything against Carnuba waxes.
If I'm going to a show, I'll wax with a Carnuba because it looks great but it just doesn't last as long as some of the synthetics.
The Carnuba really makes the black "pop" on my truck and I pretty much save it for the summer when I wash and wax regularly.
In the winter time, I don't detail so much as I think it's doing more harm than good so I use a synthetic, Megs NXT in this case over these months.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Moderator &

What do you have against carnauba waxes if you don’t mind me asking?
Was that to me?

I never said I didn't like Carnauba. I use carnauba-based waxes all the time. My comment was informative... not biased.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by rustyzipper
“No other carnauba has that wholesome look that P21S has.
LMAO... I've never thought of using "wholesome" as an adjective for wax....

Bread, maybe... milk, definitely.... wax, never.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by EnglishAdam
If I'm going to a show, I'll wax with a Carnuba because it looks great but it just doesn't last as long as some of the synthetics.
The Carnuba really makes the black "pop" on my truck and I pretty much save it for the summer when I wash and wax regularly.
In the winter time, I don't detail so much as I think it's doing more harm than good so I use a synthetic, Megs NXT in this case over these months.
I agree 200%. Exactly my typical plan of attack.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:45 PM
LMAO... I've never thought of using "wholesome" as an adjective for wax....

Bread, maybe... milk, definitely.... wax, never.
Yeah, I didn't quite understand that one myself. I didn't know if Auto Geek was actually quoting Guru Reports or thought of the "wholesome look" themselves for their own review.

I have noticed some strange product names, (i.e.) paint cleaning "lotions"?

I've even read where a fella has been using minty fresh toothpaste instead of Scratch-X with his PC.

Quick Reply: Zymol wax.....