Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone ever try this vinyl/rubber treatment? - Black Again

Black Again....

http://classic-motoring.stores.yahoo...cagextrim.html

Old 04-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Never tried it but I just picked up 303 Aerospace protectent. This stuff is great.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nupe. I haven't tried that one. I tend to avoid the 'Bring the Black Back' products...

303 Aerospace or Vinylex would be my two suggestions.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Nupe. I haven't tried that one. I tend to avoid the 'Bring the Black Back' products...

303 Aerospace or Vinylex would be my two suggestions.
Where's a good place online to pick up 303 Aerospace?

Old 04-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by LsuSuperCrew
Where's a good place online to pick up 303 Aerospace?
West Marine usually has it locally if you have one nearby.

Originally Posted by Net Wurker
Black Again....
I've got a can of that still sitting in the box. It came in last Friday and I haven't got to the trim yet. I got it to try out on the car project. I also picked up some of the Forever Black which is also sittin in the peanuts. I may get to it this weekend in between a tranny flush and starter replacement, in any case I'll report back.

I hear what RP is sayin, try to avoid them, esp Mother's Back to no Black. But what do you do when the vehicle hasn't been cared for in the best of ways, especially UV damage?

Old 04-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by scorpio333
I hear what RP is sayin, try to avoid them, esp Mother's Back to no Black. But what do you do when the vehicle hasn't been cared for in the best of ways, especially UV damage?
If it were mine, I'd replace the broken leg rather than putting a band aid on it...

Trust me, I know that's a PITA... Ford thinks a LOT of most of their plastic parts but, being the general perfectionist with a SEVERE OCD with car care stuff, I'd probably do it.

Old 04-26-2007, 05:02 PM
I've got a can of that still sitting in the box.......in any case I'll report back.
Cool. I'll look for a progress report.

I have some 303 on the way, after reading all the good reviews here on that stuff. The area I am having trouble with is the hard rubber trim around the side windows. It is dull and grayed out, and nothing seems to re-vitalize it.

Let me know once you get a chance to try the Forever Black trim restore stuff.

Oh, and I know not to bother with Mother's Back to Black. Tried it once, nothing went back to black,, in fact, I think it ruined my bed cab top rails. I had to replace them recently, they got so ugly and gray. I still have them, so if I find something that works good, I can restore them and have a spare set

Last edited by Net Wurker; 04-26-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Cool. I'll look for a progress report.

I have some 303 on the way, after reading all the good reviews here on that stuff. The area I am having trouble with is the hard rubber trim around the side windows. It is dull and grayed out, and nothing seems to re-vitalize it.

Let me know once you get a chance to try the Forever Black trim restore stuff.

Oh, and I know not to bother with Mother's Back to Black. Tried it once, nothing went back to black,, in fact, I think it ruined my bed cab top rails. I had to replace them recently, they got so ugly and gray. I still have them, so if I find something that works good, I can restore them and have a spare set
I think you'll really like the 303. Great stuff. BTW, noticed the Cisco gear in your sig. You going to Networkers this sum? I gotta sit for my CCIE lab so I figured it was a good time. Maybe we could meet up out there if you're going.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Not going

My company sent me in 2003 in Orlando. Since then, they have gotten cheap about stuff like that.

Good luck on the CCIE! I had my CCNA, but let it expire. I only managed to pass one test towards the CCNP (switching), and now I am not motivated to start back.

Maybe something will inspire me to get back on track. My job is geared more towards server administration, anyway. But, occasionally the need arises to config or update a switch or router. I do enjoy that aspect much more than babysitting servers and workstations and (ugh) users...

Old 04-27-2007, 05:18 PM
West Marine usually has it locally if you have one nearby.
Thanks for the suggestion, I stopped by yesterday afternoon and picked up a bottle.

Old 04-27-2007, 08:11 PM
I just started using the 303 and so far I like it. After applying I try to dry it with a clean dry cloth and it doesn't seem to streak after a rain. It sure makes the truxedo look good.

Old 04-27-2007, 08:59 PM
I am glad to hear everyone reporting the 303 doesn't run after a rain soaking. I have a 32 oz bottle on the way, and if it works like that, I will probably never use a silicone based protectant again. I'll start buying 303 by the gallon.

I love the look of the NXT protectant on my plastic trim, but the streaking and running after a rain shower drives my crazy.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:21 PM

I love the look of the NXT protectant on my plastic trim, but the streaking and running after a rain shower drives my crazy.
DITTO to that.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:30 PM
Moderator &

I am glad to hear everyone reporting the 303 doesn't run after a rain soaking. I have a 32 oz bottle on the way, and if it works like that, I will probably never use a silicone based protectant again. I'll start buying 303 by the gallon.

Uhh, I believe 303 will have it's share of silicone... it's not body shop safe.

I think you meant to say 'solvent based' rather than 'silicone based'?

Really, there aren't many solvent based dressings left out there... clean air laws snubbed most of them.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:18 AM
I personally haven't seen it streaking yet either and I've used a lot of the 303 product itself, on everything, including my patio furniture--anything that's vinyl, plastic or rubber that sits outside in the elements. Hell, I'd spray it on my vinyl siding if I could figure out a way to dilute it some.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever try this vinyl/rubber treatment? - Black Again