Qadsan, check it out - Duragloss on White

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qadsan, check it out - Duragloss on White

I found this (new to detailing) fella on Autopia that used all Duragloss products on his white car. The thing looks absolutely awesome.

Thing that got me was, he said, it only took him five hours. Granted, the car is only a Spyder, but while remembering, he is a newbie.

Nice that he gave a list of all the products he used.

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detaili...cs-inside.html

Old 04-28-2007, 02:07 PM
The spyder looks incredible. As much as I like the Duragloss products, I also know I can create that kind of beauty with other brands of products. As long as you've got some good experience with your process nailed down and a good product selection to work from, you'll be able to create stunning results just like this whether you're using Duragloss, Menzerna, Chemical Guys, Meguiar's, Optimum, etc. And if you're good with a camera and have the lighting just right, it will further enhance the picture

For instance, check out this PT Cruiser in the following link from Mike-In-Orange who posts on various detailing forums. He simply washed with Meguiar's Gold Class soap, used detailing clay, polished with Meguiar's M80 & a W8006 pad. Then he applied Meguiar's M21 and topped it with Meguiar's #16 hard paste wax. Mike used his experience and nailed down a great process with high quality products to get these results. The paint looks very wet & glossy, but you can create this kind of beauty with many different product offerings.

http://www.cordychase.com/cruiser/images/freshwax1.JPG

Old 04-29-2007, 12:25 AM
I've been doing a lot of polishing lately. I get what you mean about achievement products. I do have more than an adequate supply.

I was characterizing the Duragloss brand by price and availability. Something that looks, shines, and protects this well, that can be purchased OTC at your neighborhood Carquest, which you had pointed out in a previous thread. In other words, giving you some props in a back handed way, while letting others know how well the Duragloss looks. I'm sure your reputation speaks volumes however.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the props! I really like some of the Duragloss products for a lot of reasons, but I just wanted to point out that you can also get excellent results from many other brands / products .

I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of your truck once the weather gets better for you. The before / after pic of your hood a while back looked excellent

Old 04-30-2007, 01:37 AM
Oh yes, I completely removed that acid rain etch from my hood, thanks. There is just a very, very tiny amount you can barely see in just the right light. You'd have to say it's completely unnoticeable otherwise. I basically left it like that having no idea how much further I could go without a gage. Anyway, I'm satisfied.

Hopefully I can detail my truck this coming weekend. I need to remember to take some before pictures. Right now she looks pretty ugly dirty. It's embarrasing really sitting next to the wifes Duragloss truck.

You bet, save the weather.

Quick Reply: Qadsan, check it out - Duragloss on White