Your thoughts on Chemical Guys products?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Your thoughts on Chemical Guys products?

Has anyone used any of their products, and what did you think of them? Are there some that you have used and did not like and why? The reason I am asking, is that I ordered some car wash and a few other things from them, and was considering ordering more in the near future. BTW, they sent me a free small bottle of Revive glaze and polish, so I tried it out on my cousin's 95 F150 truck, and it really brought back the red color. Any help will be appreciated. THANKS!!!

Old 04-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Paul and Mark from CG offer high quality products. They also make a lot of products for many other companies who resll them under different brand names. I've used many of their products over the years and you won't go wrong with their products. Their Citrus Wash & Gloss is a really cost effective product and it does a really nice job. If you have a polishing machine (PC or Cyclo or Rotary), then consider their Diamond Cut 1500 for more serious swirls and their Pro Polish for finishing. That combo works very well. Top it with M Seal and you've got a beautiful and durable finish. If you want your finish dripping wet like a show car, then top if with their 50/50 or Pete's 53 wax, but be prepared to pay ~$50 or so for just this one wax alone.

They've got a new waterless wash / quick polish combo product that I'm testing and its fantastic, but I can't say much else about it now except its orange in color and you'll see it within a month or so .

Old 04-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Get the ShMitt, wash mitt from Chemical Guys. My lambs wool is now a duster.

While I haven't used it, other forums claims are this shampoo is a knock out wash.

EXTREME BodyWash & Synthetic Wax/Gloss Enhancer -SHAMPOO (1 Gallon)

Old 04-29-2007, 11:29 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
For a general bathtub blender vendor, they make a fantastic product. There are oodles and oodles of these types of companies out there (at least for now until clean air laws drop several of them off the map unless they adapt).

Chemical Guys continously get high marks on their products. While I've not tried any, several friends who I regard as world-class detailers have and have had great things to say about them.

-RP-

Old 04-30-2007, 01:05 AM
C'mon RockPick....I wish you would try the ShMitt out. It's hard to describe really how well it actually works. One, it gets in all the nooks a regular mitt cant get too that well. It conforms sorta speak, say between the bed and the cab for example. You don't have to put any pressure on it all. It just glides right along. Course I have soft water too. Couple that with that NXT soap, it's slippery, let me tell ya.

You know I wouldn't put anything near that black paint of mine that would even come close to a self induced scratch. Anyway, I think you'd like it.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:41 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I may give it a whirl... I need to work through about a half-dozen SW Arnold mitts first. I buy them by the dozen and I'm about half-way through my stash.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:01 PM
One of the things that was on my first order was the ShMitt, I just haven't used it yet . If their other products work as good as the Revive I recieved for free, then I think I will be happy using more of their products. Thanks for the input you guys, cause I really appreciate it .

Quick Reply: Your thoughts on Chemical Guys products?