Full Detail - Silver 2000 Mustang LS - 56k Beware

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 03:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RP, that car looks amazing! I guess you need to just open a detailing shop and go ***** to the wall.

And open the shop in Florida....preferably near me! Finding a good detailer is far and few........but who knows....if I am ever in your neck-o-the-woods, I'll look you up.......

Don't know of any good detailers in the P'Cola/Ft Walton Beach/ P'City area do you?

Old 05-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Very nice RP! Glad to see you are practicing on silver paint. Guess your ready for my truck now! Muhaaaaa...

Old 05-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by luke280
Very nice RP! Glad to see you are practicing on silver paint. Guess your ready for my truck now! Muhaaaaa...
Pfft.

I turn down jobs when some doof named "LUKE" owns the vehicle...

HA!

When you going to get it over here so we can go over it?

Old 05-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by RP
I have one or two that will stick around for the detail but most vanish... I prefer them to vanish. I find that I'm able to move along at a MUCH nicer pace when I don't have someone to talk to and am just humming along
Hmmnmn... Does this mean I can bring a lawn chair and watch your grass (which is freakishly green btw) grow? HA! CHECK MATE!!! I'll bring the beers!

Old 05-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by luke280
Hmmnmn... Does this mean I can bring a lawn chair and watch your grass (which is freakishly green btw) grow? HA! CHECK MATE!!! I'll bring the beers!
Uhh..... no.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Oh' well... I'll still bring the beer

Old 10-21-2007, 09:27 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RockPick
We'd all love to make more but, being that this is like therapy for me - at least most of the time - I like to try to be really fair about it because you make and keep friends and those friends tell others. In a nutshell, someone will look out for you if you're being fair, doing a A+ job, and taking the time to CARE about what you're doing... That's kind of my philosophy.... (that and, how the hell am I going to work through this plethora of detailing stuff that I have if I don't expend it on a few client vehicles!?!? )
Thats alot like the advice my Granpa gave me.
"Son, don't try to make you living off one customer, treat them right, and do it at a good fair price and they will come back next time and send thier friends, so you'll make more money."
The man was a sucessful barber and after he'd get through his day as Rural mail carrier and barbering in the towns during 1-2 hour lay overs...... then he would go around and do house calls for appliance repair (mostly washers and dryers) and he ALWAYS had several calls to make each night and was always booked a month ahead. He never charged them a house call or service call like the rest, and ussually it was just the part plus $10-$20 is all he'd sheepishly ask for. Many were so pleased theyd graciously offer another $50-$100 and then they'd argue for a few seconds over if he would take it or not.

Anyway......

Thanks for the tip on the headlights, I'm going to go get some plastX and sand paper tomarrow and try it on headlights, tail lights, instrument cluster and a cpl scratches in my compass lens in the overhead console.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Rockpick, nice job bud..thats incredible..i do have a question on how you used the D-line APC+ for the interior...you mentioned 10:1??? Did you just use this on all the vinyl before you dressed it? Thanks man

Old 10-21-2007, 10:26 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by stud_135
Rockpick, nice job bud..thats incredible..i do have a question on how you used the D-line APC+ for the interior...you mentioned 10:1??? Did you just use this on all the vinyl before you dressed it? Thanks man
Thanks for the kudos, stud!

While I can't say with great confidence that this is exactly what I did... I can tell you that that's, 9 times out of 10, exactly how I do it. I've slept a few nights since that car -- and have had a couple more come through the garage since then.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Is it safe to use on the fabric upholstery followed by a shop vac? Dilution of around 15:1?

Old 10-22-2007, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the kudos, stud!
Stud? There something we don't know about you RP? Seeing that Mustang makes me want to drive to KY and have you detail my truck.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by stud_135
Is it safe to use on the fabric upholstery followed by a shop vac? Dilution of around 15:1?

Meg's APC+, yes. I typically stick around 10 or 8 to 1 on the ratio.

Even better than that, though, is the Blue Magic carpet cleaner. Available at your local 'mart' store, it's really a GREAT deal. Between a dog, > 1 year old, and a wife, I use it around the house ALL the time...

High on the ammonia side so, used in well ventilated areas.

-RP-

Old 10-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by Zaairman
Stud? There something we don't know about you RP? Seeing that Mustang makes me want to drive to KY and have you detail my truck.
All that time in Missouri really got to me, Z. I surely don't have to tell you about the 'ways of Missouri', do I?

Old 10-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All that time in Missouri really got to me, Z. I surely don't have to tell you about the 'ways of Missouri', do I?
Apparently you'll have to tell me, cause we sure don't do that in this part of Mo.......

Old 10-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by PSS-Mag
Apparently you'll have to tell me, cause we sure don't do that in this part of Mo.......

Zaairman was telling me that you did...

Quick Reply: Full Detail - Silver 2000 Mustang LS - 56k Beware