S100 Over NXT= AWESOME

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 08:50 AM
ski
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S100 Over NXT= AWESOME

I finally was able to put 1 coat of S100 over my 2 coats of NXT and man do I love the shine. The S100 was sooooooo easy to put on. I think I'll put another coat of S100 on just to make sure I got it everywhere. Would it hurt to wash my truck with megs gold class. I was wondering if I was to wash it, if it would take off the S100. I'm hoping to not get my truck too dirty before I reapply S100. It will probably be dustly. What product would be good to use if I wouldn't have to wash it. Thanks for any help. I'll try to get some pics and post. How do I put the picture right in the post?

Ski

Old 04-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ski
I finally was able to put 1 coat of S100 over my 2 coats of NXT and man do I love the shine. The S100 was sooooooo easy to put on. I think I'll put another coat of S100 on just to make sure I got it everywhere. Would it hurt to wash my truck with megs gold class. I was wondering if I was to wash it, if it would take off the S100. I'm hoping to not get my truck too dirty before I reapply S100. It will probably be dustly. What product would be good to use if I wouldn't have to wash it. Thanks for any help. I'll try to get some pics and post. How do I put the picture right in the post?

Ski
Dilute the shampoo to the correct ratio and you'll have NO problems with stripping wax. Too much shampoo on the dilution *can* cause stripping (overly caustic).

Don't apply the S100 to a dusty surface.... you're asking for scratching. Rather, apply a light mist of a quality detailer product (like Meguiar's Quik Detailer or Mother's Detailer). Wipe down. Put your towel into quarters and rotate your towel OFTEN. If it gets loaded, change towels. Only a *NICE* microfiber towel here -- no cheapies!!!

Then apply your next coat of S100. No problems there. You're probably reaching the effective end of getting benefits once you put this last coat on... Law of Diminishing Returns kicks in... that being that you'll remove as much as you're putting on and thus, not benefiting anything (other than S100 because you're wasting the product).

Posting a pic -- start a f150online.com photo gallery (https://www.f150online.com/galleries/login.cfm). Upload your pics. Once uploaded, use the 'Forum Codes' link found within each photo that you uploaded. Copy and paste that text into your post. Presto.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:08 AM
ski
Cool thanks for the info Rockpick. My next thing is to purchase a PC so I can get out some minor nicks. I tried doing it by hand but it didn't work. My wife is pissed, because I'm paying more attention to my truck then her..... I mean her chevy blazer.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by ski
Cool thanks for the info Rockpick. My next thing is to purchase a PC so I can get out some minor nicks. I tried doing it by hand but it didn't work. My wife is pissed, because I'm paying more attention to my truck then her..... I mean her chevy blazer.
Ha! Tell her to get over it! Every guy needs an obcessive compulsive disorder! (please don't tell my wife that I said that - please?) LOL!

Old 05-01-2007, 12:52 PM
My wife is pissed, because I'm paying more attention to my truck then her
I feel your pain....I had to detail my wifes truck first also. Let there be peace in the valley. Her truck is the ultimate shine product ginny pig however.

Nice choice on using the S100. Personally I haven't used S100 (that I do have,) but I've never read anything but good about S100. That goes for all their products really. The S100 metal polishing soap is another winner VS. a liquid or paste metal polish.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=rustyzipper]I feel your pain....I had to detail my wifes truck first also. Let there be peace in the valley. Her truck is the ultimate shine product ginny pig however.

That's exactly what I told my wife about her '98 Camry! Since I got my truck, I have been using her car as a test bed! LOL

Old 05-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Moderator &

I tinkered with the 'metal polishing soap' from S100... I wasn't really impressed at all.

Heavy Metal Polish continues to be my favorite...

The S100 wax -- pretty good stuff.

Trending Topics

Old 05-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
(please don't tell my wife that I said that - please?) LOL!
She already knows, man. Look at your lawn and your truck. And the time you spend on this forum. Women are good at picking up these things, especially if it means guys like us aren't paying our full and undivided attention to them....

Old 05-02-2007, 09:30 AM
I spent 2 day detailing my wifes Tahoe. I got a thank you on Sunday and bit*hing on Monday that the running boards were to slippery.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:34 PM
I tinkered with the 'metal polishing soap' from S100... I wasn't really impressed at all.
I thought it cleaned pretty well as I did the inside of my aluminum rims with the polishing soap. I dunno if it's considered to be a shine product.

I then used the "Hot Rims" polish after the soap, and whoa! You would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the looks of chrome or aluminum.

I'd have to say the soap almost acts as a cleaner, primer if that makes sense. Similar to polishing paint I guess.

Quick Reply: S100 Over NXT= AWESOME