What to use to dress weatherstripping?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nah 303 wont sling. Ya gotta wipe it. If ya spray it on the bed liner, I personally just leave it, without wiping. Actually, it would be better if you would put the 303 in another "fine mist" bottle. Or just spray it, directly on to an applicator sponge. The 303 spray bottle, and namely the spray nozzle, is for crap. It comes outta there like a fire hose. That's why it gets to running. It puts on way, way, to much. Thus, ya gotta buy more. But.....As far as the product itself? There is nothing better IMO. It does what it says and then some.

Check out this testimonial from the 303 web-site.

303 Aerospace Protectant Long Lasting Shine on Truck Hood:

"I am writing to you about the use of 303 Protectant which I started to use 2 years ago when my boat dealer told me about it. The reason for this letter is to let you know that I experimented with it on the hood of my 1984 Dodge truck. You may already know it can be safely used on painted surfaces.

Two years ago I put a coat on the top of the front fender which is also part of the hood. Next to this I waxed with a well known liquid wax. In the past two years I have done nothing else to these areas but to observe that the wax was long gone when the 303 area still showed a difference from the rest of the hood! This morning I washed the truck and decided to write to you as after two years of out in the weather, the treated area still shows some shine.

Last edited by rustyzipper; 05-03-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Not a single chirp about 303 Aerospace Protectant? Wow.

Where do I get some of this "gold" you talk about??

Old 05-03-2007, 06:03 PM
I always recommend looking in pool stores and RV/boat dealerships, they stock it to protect vinyl.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by eobcraven
Where do I get some of this "gold" you talk about??
It's not liquid gold but, it's pretty darn good stuff...

RV and Boat Shops (as mentioned). Also, lots of places on line.

I believe that 303 had a deal going on their website -- maybe a buy one get one offer?

Old 05-03-2007, 09:52 PM
with 303 you are suppoed to spray it on, let it sit for maybe a minute and then come back and wipe it off and buff it out with your towel/rag...

Old 05-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperLB51
with 303 you are suppoed to spray it on, let it sit for maybe a minute and then come back and wipe it off and buff it out with your towel/rag...

Depends on what you're applying it to in my opinion...

If you're putting it on trim, you probably don't want to go 'cowboy' and spray it on ... rather, I'd spray it on an applicator or a soft 100% cotton towel and apply. After a period of -- oh, around 5 or 10 mins, I'd come back and LIGHTLY remove any excess. You don't want to 'buff' it off because you'll remove much of what you've put on.

If you're putting it on a tire or another large area, I'd spray it on and do the same procedure.

Remember, light mist from a spray bottle of 303 or any other dressing can and will produce blotchy looking paint... the point is to get the product on the portion of the vehicle where you want the product to be -- no where else.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Yes, use the 303 just like RockPick describes.

Seriously though, if you use it straight out of their bottle? You're going to be wasting it. The spray nozzle is ridiculous. Now their nozzle works great for the bed liner, but that's about it, unless you have a fire to put out.

Quick Reply: What to use to dress weatherstripping?