Bird poop stain

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Angry Bird poop stain

I live in Tampa,Fl and today the temperature was 86* and very sunny.As I was leaving work I noticed a big ole poop spot on my hood! When I got home I put some spray detailer on the spot and let it soak a few minutes.I used a micro fiber towel to wipe it off,which came off very easy.I noticed it left a stain behind.Is this now a permanent mark in my clearcoat/paint or can it be removed?
BTW,my paint color is Dark Blue Pearl Metallic.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question

Ok,I used some of my Meguiars Polish (part 2 in the 3 step process) and it seems to have removed about 80% of the stain.Any other suggestions?

Old 05-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mothers Clay bar

Clay bar, then cleaner wax, follow it up with a good carnuba wax or polymer wax for protection.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jenningsjh56
Clay bar, then cleaner wax, follow it up with a good carnuba wax or polymer wax for protection.
While this may work on a very few bird bombs, it won't on 99% of them... the reasoning is that bird poo is very acidic due to their dietary habits. As such, when the poo hits a surface like your vehicle's finish, it etches into it in a similar way as dropping a couple of droplets of hydrochloric or hydroflouric acid would do. Clay will remove items that are on top of the paint... not etched down in to it.

You're on the right track to removing it...

My suggestion is to continue to move forward with the polish that you're using to remove the problem.

If you removed 80% of it with one or two applications... one or two more should finish it up.

Old 05-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If above sugestion doesn't work... sorry.. your stuck wet sanding with 2000 grit and buffing it out again. Hopefully you don't have to go that route.

Old 05-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chris1450
If above sugestion doesn't work... sorry.. your stuck wet sanding with 2000 grit and buffing it out again. Hopefully you don't have to go that route.
Last resort but a very good outcome providing you have the proper tools plus knowledge

Quick Reply: Bird poop stain