PC/DA Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GenBlue
Thanks RP!

It looks like the 7336 can also be used for sanding versus the 7424.

I did check out the autodetailingsolutions site but they don't ship to Canada.
You silly Canadians...

Sorry about that. Didn't realize you were 'north of the border'.

To speak to your 'sanding' comment...

I assume you mean sanding wood or similar? Or are you talking about sanding a painted finish?

Either way, I'd probably not do that due to individual reasons.... 1. Sanding wood will generate a lot of dust which, inadvertantly, could contaminate the unit which could then contaminate a vehicle that you're working on and, in turn, induce hellish results. Remember, it just takes one grain of 'stuff' positioned correctly on a foam pad with a mechanical application to thrash a paint job. The PC is a very safe tool to use but, pushing the limitations for what it was purchased for (in this case, polishing paint) could proove catastropic. 2. I would stick to something from Mirka or similar if you're thinking about sanding paint. They make a couple of REALLY nice 'mouse sized' sanding units that you can use 2000 grit (or other comprable body shop grit rating for finishing). I tinkered with one of these units on a rental car in Irvine at Meguiar's several years ago. It was slick and did an amazingly quick job of sanding out imperfections but, like anything mechanical/electrical, it has limitations -- the main limitation is the operator. I'm certainly not a body shop guy and, as such, you are more likely to find me with a sanding block wrapped with some Nikken papers...

-RP-

Quick Reply: PC/DA Question