How to remove rust stain from tire

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to remove rust stain from tire

I recently put 4 new tires on my truck. I already had three tires from a wheel & tire swap that I did a couple years ago and since my full size spare tire was the exact same tire as the other 3 that I had, I used the spare as my 4th tire and replaced my spare with one of my older tires. Since my spare hangs below the frame in the rear of my truck the tire has rust spots in 2 places where the tire sat against the underside of the truck frame. Yesterday I scrubbed the tire like crazy with APC and the Meguiar's versa angle tire brush, but could not get those rust stains off of the tire. Any suggestions?

Old 05-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Here is a pic of the rust stain.

Old 05-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Have you tried Bleach White? This definately one of those situations for the big guns...

Also-- as I am not familiar with the versa-tire brush, this may sound stupid--but you may want to use a stiffer brush. Probably a nylon will be your best bet.

Good luck!!!

Old 05-13-2007, 05:48 PM
The Meguiars versa angle tire brush is a fairly stiff brush.

I have not tried Wesley's Bleach White yet, since I am currently out of it. It's definitely on my list if i can not get it with either APC or Safe Degreaser though.

Thanks.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:37 PM
OK, I got the rust stain out of my tire. I never thought to try it until a few minutes ago, but I used #39 Heavy Duty Vinyl and Rubber cleaner with a microfiber towel and some scrubbing. I had the #39 in the garage the entire time, but I never gave it a thought since I do not normally use it for cleaning tires, but it did the job.

Quick Reply: How to remove rust stain from tire