Anyone try NTS7 rim cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone try NTS7 rim cleaner?

Just came across this stuff while doing a search for rim cleaners. Anyone try this stuff?

http://www.properautocare.com/nts7rimcleaner.html

Old 05-14-2007, 06:51 PM
actually imo i think it wont work nearly as easy as they say, if it doesnt use some type of mild acid then it cant break down brake dust the way it says. i say if you want to use it, buy a extra clay bar to use along with this stuff.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by ridge
actually imo i think it wont work nearly as easy as they say, if it doesnt use some type of mild acid then it cant break down brake dust the way it says. i say if you want to use it, buy a extra clay bar to use along with this stuff.
Not true. Simple Green, the best wheel cleaner IMO, is basic, not acidic. The finest (and most expensive) wheel cleaners are pH 7. It's not the concentration of H+ or OH- ions that causes the wheel to get clean. Rather, it's the properties of being a surfactant-- The ability to lift particles off of a surface. Most general purpose/household cleaners are basic. Only extremely harsh cleaners (ie: Westley's Bleache White) are acidic. Acids are simply far too caustic for common use.

Quick Reply: Anyone try NTS7 rim cleaner?