Boat detailing pics...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by quackrstackr
Zaairman, this is the one that we discussed last year that might be for sale. It still may be around July or so if your buddy is still looking.
I don't think any of my friends are looking for any boats... But whats the story on that motor?

Old 05-20-2007, 09:16 PM
You buy the motor and it comes with a free boat.

My bad.. I just checked my year old PMs and it was PSS who had a buddy looking for a boat.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:22 PM
You buy the motor and it comes with a free boat.

My bad.. I just checked my year old PMs and it was PSS who had a buddy looking for a boat.
Haha...well tell me about the motor. And it was either me or his brother who was looking for a boat...

Old 05-20-2007, 09:32 PM
I think it was your original post when you bought your boat that got us talking.

Motor is a 1978 115 hp Mercury. Purrs like a kitten. Not sure of the hours but they are low. It hasn't been used much at all in the last 10 years.

It took less than two minutes to fire this afternoon after not even moving for nearly 4 years. I'm going to put it in the water next weekend and run some gas through it.

Old 05-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow that is one clean boat, wished mine was that clean.

Mine had been left out uncovered for atleast 10 years....... yea it was pretty bad. Still a few things I need to build and uphuster, like the gunnel pads and bow seat backs, but dang marine vinyl isn't cheap.

Oh it was my cousin looking for a boat and he bought a 1981, 20' Baja, Jet Boat.

I think I may have deleted those PM's, if you want to sell it let me know, People are always asking me if I know were something is.

Last edited by PSS-Mag; 05-20-2007 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:21 AM
I think it was your original post when you bought your boat that got us talking.

Motor is a 1978 115 hp Mercury. Purrs like a kitten. Not sure of the hours but they are low. It hasn't been used much at all in the last 10 years.

It took less than two minutes to fire this afternoon after not even moving for nearly 4 years. I'm going to put it in the water next weekend and run some gas through it.
Ah... add about 35 ponies to that motor and make it 5 years newer and I'd consider it...

Old 05-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
Ah... add about 35 ponies to that motor and make it 5 years newer and I'd consider it...

Dude... you have a CHRYSLER hanging off the end of your boat.

That's akin to having a prop mounted on a weed eater.

This boat would outrun my bro inlaw's brand new Bayliner Cobra with a Force (Chrysler) on it. His had a hull similar to yours and a bigger motor plus was 15+ years newer... still smoked him.

Is your boat rated for a 150?

Old 05-21-2007, 12:20 PM
My boat is actually rated for a 200.... Plus the transom is reinforced... People say these boats get squirrelly around 65 - 70 MPH... I'm making it my goal to find this out one day.... Right now I can hit about 50 mph with a craptastic prop.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Most boats that size get squirrely about 70 mph or so. For some reason, that's a whole different sensation once you crack that mark.

I looked at a Checkmate that looked a lot like your boat back when I was in the market. The interior was shot. Beats me why people think that you can just park a boat out in the elements uncovered.

I also had the checkbook out and ready to sign on a boat similar to the one that DrFranko posted. It had a 428 CobraJet planted in the back of it. Before I finished writing the check, I asked the guy how it did on fuel. He allowed "it will burn through about $60 a day if you're doing a lot of riding".... this was back in 1989 before gas broke $1 a gallon. I thanked him for his time and continued the search for a boat... and didn't look at any more jet boats.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:58 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The one my cousin bought has a 283 with holley 4 brl, as far as gas mileage I dont know with that motor. Before it had a 350 out of a 76 vette that the previous owner a friend and I blew up, unfortunatly the other friend was driving, the previous owner was skiing and he still holds a slight grudge but it wasnt his fault. With the 350 w/ same 4 brl, we'd burn about 20 gals a day pulling skiers or tubes all day. The 283 has a slightly longer stroke so it should have more torque and do slightly better in perfromance and gas.

My cousin bought it, I towed it to his house for him and it has not moved from where I parked it. All it needs is a starter which I got for him, the carb bolted down, and the shift cable is stuck. Less than 4 hours and $0 dollars I could have that thing on the water.

After I get my camper done I may run over and steal it from him and get it running for him, do like a Trick My Ride deal for him. Either that or buy it from him.

Quick Reply: Boat detailing pics...