New to forum and paint care

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ridge
really to choose if you wan Zaino or not you need to think about what type of shine you want, zaino isnt a very deep shine is more of a very reflective look, wax will have a deep look to it.
I guess it's time to experiment with high gloss or deep shine. I've used some of the Meg's Gold Class before and liked what it did but I have no experience with Zaino. If Zaino is similar to Duraglos, could I sub one for the other to do a quick side by side comparison. I'm asking because I can get the Duraglos locally.

LegIron

Old 05-23-2007, 01:44 AM
Check out the price. I'm reasonably sure you'll want the Duragloss for at or near the same durability Zaino provides. I've read where Duragloss users will apply 2-3 coats of the Aquawax (as a last step) and drool over the shine. Some even claim the shine will actually improve over time. I've read that more than once too, from different posters. Frankly put, I don't know how that would happen, but I'm just the messenger.

I'm going to be experimenting using the Duragloss system soon. This weekend as a matter of fact. My first paying customer. She liked the price of the Duragloss.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Like most customers, Rusty, she'll love it. That's not to say that all customers know what they're looking at either...

That said, don't take me wrong. I do have a handfull of discerning clients that could actually tell me where I may have forgotten to top with a pure synthetic but, most will take one look at it -- remember what it looked like when they brought it to you -- and think that you've done a swell job.

Again, it's not what's in the last step product -- Duragloss, Meguiar's XYZ, Mother's, Zaino, etc -- it's in the PREP WORK.

Any goon can smack a coat of wax on a vehicle... proper prep work is what will set the boys apart from the men...

Take your truck for example, Rusty. You could've smacked all the Duragloss, Meguiar's, Mothers, Poorboy's, Collinite, S100, Zaino, Teddy's Tool Toss & Gloss and every other product under the sun on this great earth on that swirled up, hazed, micromarred black paint of yours and it would still look swirled up, hazed, and micromarred.

You went out of your way and did the proper PREP STEPS to ensure a great final outcome.

Last step products are a dime a dozen... Give me the cheapest of the cheap-o waxes and I promise I can make a vehicle's end product look good -- pending I had access to proper preparatory products to get me up to that end point.

-RP-

Old 05-24-2007, 12:16 AM
Yes indeedy RockPick. That's one thing I've learned in my detail infancy. The prep is what makes the end result. I thank you for pointing that out. And yes, fortunately, she will in fact be one that will have a jaw dropping experience at the site of her car when done--I get your drift though.

I did my mother-in-laws '02 Saturn L200 this past weekend--red paint, with silver metal flake--never been detailed. I used the blue Clay Magic, #2 fine cut cleaner, #80, NXT, and the Aquawax. Man does that thing look sharp. And man......Are those cars ever low to the ground.

I tried some of the DC polish, but I didn't see much of a difference between it and the #80, so I just moved on to the NXT.

That NXT didn't shine so well on my truck though. But it sure did look nice on that red, coupled with the Auquawax. Mega slippery.

I wasn't sure about posting a picture, being an off brand, and a car ta boot.

One other thing, I noticed the NXT as being very thick, so maybe when I used it on my truck I didn't shake it enough....I dunno. Is your NXT pretty thick in the bottle?

Old 05-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Uhh... it's not like #84 or #85 thick but, it's kind of thick. Mustard consistancy maybe?

Also, you're always quick to knock #80... really, you're one of the few that I've seen say that it wasn't doing 'anything'.... I'm wondering if you're using the product incorrectly... maybe not allowing it to break down... ie: moving too quickly across the paint with the PC?

Old 05-25-2007, 12:56 AM
No, no....I really like #80. I've used #80 on everything I own. It's a wonderful product. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I used #80 on the above Saturn, then I applied some of the DC polish over the #80, and didn't see a difference.

The NXT is what I didn't prefere on my truck. Looking at it in the right light, I could see a blueish haze, even after the cure time. The S100 topper took care of the haze however--looks good.

Quick Reply: New to forum and paint care