Duplicolor...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 02:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Duplicolor...

ive got a couple of scratches on my truck that are kind of deep...has anyone tried duplicolor to cover them up...or can u go to the dealership and get them covered...thanks for all your help...

Old 05-18-2007, 03:35 AM
I bought a tube of duplicolor in medium wedgewood blue to touch up some scratches (not deep) and the color did match perfectly. the tiny brush it comes with isn't so good for blending it in with the original finish.. I'd say give it a try, go to a shop if it doesn't work like you need it to..

Old 05-18-2007, 12:12 PM
If duplicolor makes your color it should be very close. I've got a Silver top and trim and it can be a little hard to deal with due to the metallic. Depending on how much metallic you have on your brush the color can be too Gray ec.

I always have some laquer thinner nearby so I can wipe the paint off if there is a problem and then try again. If you are worried about the thinner then just use a wet rag with a little thinner on it.

As for the dealer you're talking about their body shop and they may, or may not, try to help you with a cheap fix.