5 Star Shine Wax

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 5 Star Shine Wax

Has anyone had experience using the 5 star shine product? It seems too good to be true. If anyone has any kind of review on the product, please list your results.

http://www.5starshine.com/

Old 05-23-2007, 01:55 AM
I think I'm going to become a Duragloss guy the more I read about it. Duragloss lately has really been making some noise VS. Zaino--lasts as long, better shine quality.

Nope, I haven't tried the 5 Star stuff. I do a lot of product research and I have never so much as read a review for it. So I dunno. I think it's like you say. "If it's to good to be true." Especially if it's one of those "you'll never have to wax your car again products." I'm definitely very new to detailing, but one of the very first things I learned is that statement is rubbish.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:10 AM
I haven't tried their wax, but they have a very nice product called "5 star shine Ultimate Gloss Enhancer" that is a very well respected spray that is more or less a QD that brings more depth/pop to the paint. I don't own any, but a friend of mine let me try it out (on one door...)

Definately be skeptical of anything that says "never wax again"

Old 05-23-2007, 10:14 AM
f-150sport03

Are you sure you're not refering to the "Four Star" gloss enhancer? All stars are not alike.

Now I use that and like it very much. It really does enhance the shine especially on my black paint. Heck it even works very good on the glass. I just keep going with it, I can't stop.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Just a quick glance at the 5star site and I immediately got the sense they were trying their best to scare the poop out of me and send me running for the hills. Looks like a marketing ploy, introduce the fear, use lots of bold, then promise a cure all. I wouldn't go for it, but that's just my twisted view.

On side note, anyone find the Four Star stuff at any local outlets?

Old 05-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah... I think he meant 4-Star...

4-Star UGE is a FANTASTIC product. 5-Star has been classified by most to be a gimmick. There are much better products on the market from what I have read -- from people that I trust, I should add.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:57 PM
RP, came across your product review for the 4 star UGE while searching something else...maybe this is off topic here but I'll ask here instead of bringing that one back from hibernation...can a QD product be used too often??? I can see the cost side being a deterrent, but otherwise? My poor trucks have to sit outside and get a daily regimen of morning dew then some light pollen/dust. Is it bad to use it a few times a week between washes?

Old 05-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
... a couple of times per week isn't that big of a deal. You're not really going to have any adverse effects from simple usage.

What you don't want to do is get in a habit of using a chem product in the place of washing the vehicle. It's very easy to do and I have some straight-line scratching on my truck to proove it.

With the dew, I'd use it...

By that, I mean I'd coat the vehicle, panel by panel, in S&W and use the S&W and dew (water) as lubrication. Basically, you're drying the truck and adding a lubricating agent to the mix beyond the water.

I used to do this pre-garage and it worked quite well.

-RP-

Old 05-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Yeah... I think he meant 4-Star...

4-Star UGE is a FANTASTIC product. 5-Star has been classified by most to be a gimmick. There are much better products on the market from what I have read -- from people that I trust, I should add.
Yep-- you're right. My bad.

Quick Reply: 5 Star Shine Wax