best tire shine

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you're buying dressing at Mirror Glaze, it's one of two brands... PRO Products or Meguiar's.

If it is by the gallon, my money is on PRO because they're just not carrying many of the D-Line gallons (although they have a few - not many dressings though).

Maybe it's Meguiar's #40? Is it in a beige container?

Old 05-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like Meguiars High Endurance gloss and Michelin Tire Spray.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:46 AM
I've seen the Michelin tire shine used and it does look pretty darn good, I'll give em credit.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:16 PM
I just bought the Armor All tire gel that comes with the applicator sponge, I put it on my truck, the wife's minivan and my trailer. after one day no slinging off onto the paint like some others do. Very nice shine. I will report back after a few days on the longevity of the product.

BTW don't be fooled when you apply this and it looks something like what makes babies:
See mayonnaise, ranch dressing or any **** movie and you'll understand.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by rustyzipper
I've seen the Michelin tire shine used and it does look pretty darn good, I'll give em credit.
I like it because it covers the tread on the sidewalls with ease. I always go back over with an Eagle One tire swipe to even it out and leave a nice matte finish. I always used it on my Camaro, and always received many compliments on the finish.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
If you're buying dressing at Mirror Glaze, it's one of two brands... PRO Products or Meguiar's.

If it is by the gallon, my money is on PRO because they're just not carrying many of the D-Line gallons (although they have a few - not many dressings though).

Maybe it's Meguiar's #40? Is it in a beige container?
no kind of a clear container and the tire shine is blue.... it was quite expensive too

Old 06-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by ridge
no kind of a clear container and the tire shine is blue.... it was quite expensive too
Pro Products...

It's a product called Prime Shine - I think. The older guy in there probably sold it to you.... he's the owner.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
My absolute favorite product made by Meguiar's.... Hyper Dressing.

You buy this product by the gallon which, when diluted can make up to 4-gallons of matte-shine dressing. High-shine will yield 2-gallons.

I took RocKPicks advice a while back and bought some of this. I mix it 3 to 1and it looks perfect everytime. Not too shiny, more like a... I just bought the tires look. Easy to apply, very little sling, and very durable. I highly recommend it.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Armor All Gel update, 2 days out and it still shines like new, however I am starting to notice little black dots down both sides of my white truck, it still slings off the tire, while not as bad as others I have tried.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by welfare wagon
Armor All Gel update, 2 days out and it still shines like new, however I am starting to notice little black dots down both sides of my white truck, it still slings off the tire, while not as bad as others I have tried.
I used some about 3 weeks ago the last time I washed. It doesn't get driven a lot and hasn't been in the rain (we haven't had any to drive it in even if I wanted to) but has had about a tank of gas put through it since washing. I've wiped the braked dust off a couple of times and the shine is still there. Nowhere near the "black glass" look when originally applied but still a higher gloss than I normally shoot for.

All of my sling was taken care of on the first two drives. I think that was just because of the product accumulating in the side tread during application. If I had wiped that a little better I don't think I would have had any.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Where are you guys buying that Michelin product? I can't say I've seen it before.....

Old 06-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Meguairs Trim Shine is also great for wells too, applies a little thinner (resulting in less run off) to the surface as opposed to the tire specific shines.

Originally Posted by Zaairman
Meguiars NXT Insane Shine goes in the wheel wells.

Meguiars Hot Tires goes on the tires.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by ddellwo
Where are you guys buying that Michelin product? I can't say I've seen it before.....

Wally Hell used to have it on the shelf but, I think they've dropped the line. Pep Boys doesn't have it (at least not here) and I know I've not seen it at any of the 'mart' parts stores (Advanced, Otter Zone, OReiley's).

Might be an order it only type of part...

Also, just to let anyone who is interested know....

I'm going to experiment with this product very soon...

I have a bottle sitting here and will report back once I've tried it.

POORBOY'S NATURAL LOOK DRESSING

-RP-

Old 06-02-2007, 03:34 PM
I have seen the Michelin product either at WM or one of the big chain parts stores just in the last two weeks. In a couple of them actually.

I can't remember off the top of my head which ones.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:34 PM
Auto Zone I saw it there Yesterday. At least the shelf tag anyway. There wasn't any on the shelf. So I asked about it, and clerk said, they were sold out.

Must be some good stuff. There was a helluva lot of the other same type products.

Quick Reply: best tire shine