Flat Black Tire Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use Simple Green and Meguiars Gold Class Tire Gel for a satin finish.
I used to use Westley's, but that stuff is caustic. Simple Green is much cheaper and safer and cleans just as well.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
In all honesty, I don't see this product lasting much longer within the Meg's line. I'm certain that it's a low-seller.
That's a shame-- I really like it. Great smell, works well, very user friendly... I wonder why it doesn't sell well???

I guess it's time to get a case or something of it... I don't guess it's availible in a gallon or 5... darn... Time for a trip to big lots or similar...

Old 05-31-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
I use Westleys to clean, then spray them with Eagle One Tire Spray, and wipe it off. Leaves them very black and fresh looking but not shiney.

+1 on the Westleys but I have never put anything on after that.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:58 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by quackrstackr
Good luck.

I still haven't found anything around here (45 mile radius of Murray) except the high gloss stuff.
I bet UPS delivers to Murray... and even to Maysville.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah but the shipping will cost more than the product unless I buy that gallon of hyper.... which I would still have some left whenever trucks as we know them no longer exist.

I hate paying shipping on stuff like that, especially if I can't have some first hand experience with it first.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:21 PM
Thanks for all the help. I will head to Advanced this weekend and try some of this stuff. I want my tires to be flat black so you can see the side lugs a little better....hopefully they won't sling residue on the sides of my truck like the shinny stuff does.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:35 PM
I still haven't found anything around here (45 mile radius of Murray) except the high gloss stuff.
If ya have a Carquest around they will have the Duragloss. I have just about the whole line of Duragloss products now--they all work very well, and go a long way while applying. Hint: think Zaino.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:01 AM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by quackrstackr
Yeah but the shipping will cost more than the product unless I buy that gallon of hyper.... which I would still have some left whenever trucks as we know them no longer exist.

I hate paying shipping on stuff like that, especially if I can't have some first hand experience with it first.
Then just snag a 32 oz sampler of it. You don't have to buy it by the gallon from ADS. That 32 oz sampler will, at a minimum, make 64 ozs (high shine dilution).

While I understand your stance, I also understand the lack of a good P&B shop down there where you can snare some goodies...

It's a classic 'damned if you do... damned if you don't'.

-RP-

Old 06-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by rustyzipper
Hint: think Zaino.
Better yet, don't think Zaino -- well, at least when it comes to dressings, don't think Zaino.

The Z-16 is probably my least favorite Z product that I've tried... Dura might be good stuff -- probably is -- Zaino is good stuff when it comes to durability.... Z-16 (Z's Perfect Tire Gloss) isn't... at least in my opinion.

-RP-

Old 06-01-2007, 09:45 AM
I found that Simple Green 1:1 worked wonders on my tires. It actually cleaned them better than the Wesley's Bleach White and I didn't have to worry about wearing a HAZMAT suit while I was doing it. It worked so well that I didn't even bother putting on tire dressing afterwards. Thanks again RockPick!

Old 06-04-2007, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by slash123
I found that Simple Green 1:1 worked wonders on my tires. It actually cleaned them better than the Wesley's Bleach White and I didn't have to worry about wearing a HAZMAT suit while I was doing it. It worked so well that I didn't even bother putting on tire dressing afterwards. Thanks again RockPick!

I tried this yesterday and it worked out great!

Quick Reply: Flat Black Tire Cleaner