Zaino: Z-AIO, Z-CS

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 06-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by knighj1
I used the entire Zaino system on my 2003 Cobra. Claybar, base coat, two coats each of Z-5 and Z-7, plus top coat.

The good. The finish is amazing. Even with Ford's "average" paint, it looks like a black mirror. With the top coat it repels dust well. I have never had a black car look so bad.

The average. Takes a long time to do all the coats.

The bad. Two scratches which are going to take paint work to fix. I can't prove they wouldn't have happened with wax, but I have an impression Zaino is much thinner, and doesn't offer the scratch protection.

If looks are everything, go 100% Zaino products. I understand why show cars use them. Do lots of coats, it just looks better and better.

Would I do it again? On my F-150, no way. On my Cobra, I'm on the fence. (It's an '03 with 6500 miles, you do the math.)

Old 06-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Bicknell, great review on the Zaino products.
I was thinking of using the Zaino system on my F150 but after reading your review I think that I'm going to pass. I'm going to try to use ICE(TM) and see how that goes.

Old 06-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by GenBlue
Bicknell, great review on the Zaino products.
I was thinking of using the Zaino system on my F150 but after reading your review I think that I'm going to pass. I'm going to try to use ICE(TM) and see how that goes.
i use all of zaino i have never had a problem with it, it does take time to use, but it doesnt make the paint eaiser to scratch either.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Have you fellas ever tried Duragloss? I like it pretty well in comparison to Zaino's price point. No trim stain, and no cure times. Can be applied all in one day. Duragloss claims durability will last a year using their #601 bonding agent coupled with the #105 Total Performance Polish. I've used the Auquawax as an LSP. Works exceptionally well on clear coated rims. All in all, it provides a very slick, dust free, wet look shine.

I purchased all these products for $35.00 at my local Carquest.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:20 AM
If Duragloss can even come close to Zaino's durability, it's worth a shot. I've done the half and half hood test during a Michigan winter with Zaino and NXT. It was not even close! The Zaino outlasted the NXT by faaaaar. If you live in a state that has more than 3 months of winter, durability should be a major concern. I searched for a product that would last through the winter for a long time and, thanks to this website, I found it.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by ridge
i use all of zaino i have never had a problem with it, it does take time to use, but it doesnt make the paint eaiser to scratch either.
I don't want to suggest it makes paint easier to scratch. All I'm saying is I've buffed some pretty good tree limb marks out of the wax job on my F150 without harming the paint. The cobra, garaged, driven only on sunny saturdays, and zainoed has two small scratches I think from people brushing up against it.

I just don't think Zaino offers the same level of protection against physical abuse. I think it's UV and stuff might offer better protection against light / water / etc.

My own experience is not enough to be a representative sample.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Dont use ICE...Bad reviews...No good ones out there that i have found...Go with meguiars or mothers you can pick it all up at wally world, auto zone, advance, carquest...ect...

or you can get a package from autodetailingsolutions.com...great guy with awesome prices!

Old 06-03-2007, 06:41 PM
I learned about Duragloss [here] from a senior poster with the screen name qadsan. I first did some Duragloss research ending up at Autopia where there are pro detailers you couldn't pay to go back to Zaino. Some even claim the Duragloss durability last longer than Zaino. The wet look shine is another reason VS. Zaino Plastic look shine. I've tried it and really like it quite well. Do a Duragloss search on Autopia or Auto Geek, for similar test results. Matter of fact, I didn't look at Zaino after reading many, many excellent test reports on both sites.

The Bonding agent Total Performance Polish and the Aquawax are the main shine products used to achieve the best durability results.

If qadsan is in eye shot maybe he would like to chime in as well.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:00 PM
I use Zaino and have great results with it but like you have said alot of other detailers say Duragloss is very close (and 1/3 of the price). After i am done with my "Z" supply i might try Duragloss. Alot of info on detailcity.org....Also Zaino has a Z6 and Z8 QD....The Z8 is amazing , i wonder how it would work with duragloss

Old 06-03-2007, 07:12 PM
I've read others saying it's hard to tell the difference between the two. Even with how they both smell so similar. I've also read where others have done a side by side on a hood. Very subjective test as both camps believe one should be an outright winner. But now you have the price point ro consider. No comparison there.

The Aquawax is where Duragloss became the be all, end all for most. No dust attraction. Again I've only used Duragloss [once] on a customers car and I liked how it turned out. Everything Duragloss claimed rang true during the application process. No cure times is what I really liked. I Did 3 steps in less than an hour.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Rusty, have you ever actually used Zaino?

Old 06-03-2007, 07:34 PM
No I haven't used Zaino. I'm only going off of what I read about Zaino. So I have know idea really, if Zaino and Duragloss would be compatible with one another. Just guessing, I would have to probably say no, they wouldn't be compatible.

Last edited by rustyzipper; 06-04-2007 at 02:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Zaino: Z-AIO, Z-CS