Today's detail: 2006 PT Cruiser using Meg's and Tropi-care

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
This guy must be a good client... pulling out the 'top shelf' #16 for the guy! LOL!

How did you like the 425 as the finishing spray? Did it darken it up a bit over just the TC-3? The more I tinker with 425, the more I like it. (sidenote: FK1 tossed in a sample size of one of their washes with my last gallon of 425 -- I can't remember which # it is -- I'll give it a whirl soon though.)

I have a tester of the Tropi Care out in the garage but haven't managed to tinker with it yet. How do you like that stuff? I know Ashe swears by their stuff -- I just keep forgetting to tinker with my little array of TC products.
well, he is my brother. he is probably worth a single coat of #16 :-)

It did darken it up a bit, and also seemed to knock down the saran wrap look of the sealant (even though the Tropi-care doesn't have much of a saran wrap look to it) .. one of my favorite things about the 425 is it seems to really slow the dust buildup.

I am really starting to like the TC-3 sealant. I have been very happy with the immediate results that I have seen .. I actually have a couple of coats of it on half my truck right now, just to see how it lasts. I did my father in law's Buick with it a couple of months ago, and I will get to see that car tomorrow, so that will give me an idea of how it is for durability, since that car has probably not been washed since.

I am still trying to find the best spot to use the swirl cutter, the TC-8. I have seen several guys claiming it has more cut than #80, but that has not been my experience. I think it has a little less cut than the #80, and it does a very nice job on softer clearcoats. It seems to dust up a bit more than the meg's stuff does, but not any worse than then Menzerna IP and FP.

I am not a big fan of the detail spray .. it works well, but the smeel is overpowering to me .. almost like a hair spray smell .. I use it for priming my pads when I am using the TC-8, but not for anything else.

Still haven't tried the car wash they sent me.

and a word of warning .. be careful when you open the TC-3 .. it will be under pressure after you shake it, and will make a mess, if you don't hold a towel over it when you first open it.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gipraw
..and a word of warning .. be careful when you open the TC-3 .. it will be under pressure after you shake it, and will make a mess, if you don't hold a towel over it when you first open it.
I busted out laughing when I read this...

I opened the bottle directly under my nose as I wanted to see if it had a scent to it... after it bounced directly off of my brain via my nasal canal, I realized exactly what you said.

As for the wash, Ashe swears by it too. I just want to drink it on the rocks with Smirnoff... I plan on trying it for my next wash - but, based on the forecast, I'm not sure when that may happen. I'm going on 3 weeks right now since my last wash -- that's because it simply HAS NOT rained and my QD cycle with PB's S&W and others has been adequate (yeah, I know... I probably should've washed somewhere in there -- shame on me.) I'll report back once I've fired the wash up...

-RP-

Old 06-04-2007, 01:05 AM
Suspended
Ok, so I am most likely looking at the G100.

The next question, for a light to medium damage situation, what polish(es) should I use? I'm thinking 2 to 3 step max.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:45 AM
I ordered my PC from Tropi-Care. They were running a special with the PC, 3 pads, and 2 MF bonnets. Right now you can get the same package, but it also comes with a counterweight and 2 ounce samples of the TC-3 polish, TC-5 detail spray, and TC-6 wash. The kit costs $162.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Wow what a difference. I wish you guys that were good with a buffer lived near me.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amazing!!!! Take a vacation down here to Virginia and i will let you do my truck. I will buy you a case of beer

Old 06-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Where do you get the TC-3 from?

Old 06-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Gipraw
OH. MY. GOD.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by knighj1
Where do you get the TC-3 from?
http://www.tropi-care.com/

BTW, I emailed you back...

Old 06-05-2007, 02:01 AM
I got the email and sent you back one,wwhen you get a chance take alook at it, thanks

Old 06-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Wow, great results. I tried Tropic Care a few years ago and I liked it alot. I think I will try it again.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Nice

[QUOTE=Gipraw]Here is what I do on my vacations. Vehicle in questionis my brother's new 2006 PT Cruiser.

Not sure what the first owner did to this poor car, but it was in pretty bad shape for 13,000 miles.

This was nothing but an exterior paint job for my brother .. he will do all the rest, windows, tires, wheels, etc ..
so don't give me grief about the bugs on the windshield.

Process was:

Wash with Gold Class
clay
Scratchx under the door handles
Meg's #80 with the Dewalt @ 1500 and an 8" Edge Green pad
Meg's #9 with the PC, @ 5.5, 8006 (yellow) pad
Meg's #7 with the PC @ 4.0, 9006 (tan) pad
Tropi-care TC-3 with the PC @ 4.0 with a 9006 (tan) pad X 2
FK1 425

Here are a couple of before shots.

Here are a couple of after shots

Meg's #80 with the Dewalt @ 1500 and an 8" Edge Green pad
Meg's #9 with the PC, @ 5.5, 8006 (yellow) pad
Meg's #7 with the PC @ 4.0, 9006 (tan) pad
Tropi-care TC-3 with the PC @ 4.0 with a 9006 (tan) pad X 2
FK1 425
I am new to this stuff, I have use Liquid Glass from the start and would like to know if a buffer would make any difference. What is the difference yellow, tan, and green

Old 08-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by FALCON50EX
I am new to this stuff, I have use Liquid Glass from the start and would like to know if a buffer would make any difference. What is the difference yellow, tan, and green
Um yes. The colors represent the different cut level of the pad or the polish nature of the pad.

Most vendors make them in colors so they are easy to remember. 90% of the time, yellow and White are cut pads. Orange and Green, lighter in Cut and Black and Blue are for polish.

Usually but not always. Then there are wool, or semi-wool pads and aggressive Red Cut pads.

Just have to check each vendor to make sure you are matching the pad to the product.

There are 3 basic types of polishers. Orbital, HighSpeed and DA (Dual Action)

Most folks around here use DA's. High Speed is really for the most professional and the ones with the most experince.

You are safe with a DA.

Quick Reply: Today's detail: 2006 PT Cruiser using Meg's and Tropi-care