Buffing around Trim

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on Rusty... I can take my 1978 with NO wax on it since 1993 and I can read a something written on a piece of paper... geeesh.
Yeah well you should try and print backwards sometime smarty pants.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by rustyzipper
Yeah well you should try and print backwards sometime smarty pants.
I don't mean to wage war, but keep this in mind: RP is a very smart individual, but that's not to mention that any 3rd grader can print backwards, so I'm sure RP can write backwards.

But most importantly, stick to the idea at hand. Wer're here to discuss 'Care& Detailing' , not some smart-*** comment about a moderator. I gotta tell you, man, you really sounded like a grade schooler in that post. I don't mean to be rude, but you really need to get a clue and grow up. Not everybody needs to do what you think, and pretty much everybody knows that a large # of your posts are copied from other forums/internet sites. That's not to say you can't copy-paste and be smart, but sometimes, it looks pretty dumb.

RP-- I hope I'm not overstepping any boundaries here, but if I am, and if you must delete this post, there won't be any hard feelings. I'm sorry that I had to growl a bit. To the other users-- I hope that this little escapade hasn't discouraged you from using this site, as it can be one of, if not, the best detailing sites out there. (For many reasons, but I'll explain that later as needed.)

To put in my 2 cents worth on the REAL topic: I prefer tape if I'm going to be using more than 1 product. With one, it's easy enough and a time saver to not tape and just be really careful. But when it gets into more than one (or anytime I'm using a machine), then it's taping time. Makes it really worry free to know that I can buff right over the edge and not having to worry about any residues. Like RP, I feel that using the painter's edge technique is rather clumsy, so I don't use it often, but it definately has it's times where it's good.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Jeez zow weez f-150sport03. I do hope you feel better.

Not everybody needs to do what you think,
I've never gave a second thought to, nor expect, that everybody would or does.

everybody knows that a large # of your posts are copied from other forums/internet sites.
That's simple not true. Occasionally, very occasionally, I'll do that if I'm stumped, and wanting to help somebody. I'm certainly not a robot detail genius and have mentioned several times that I'm new to detailing and still learning myself. I only contribute with hopes of maybe learning something better and more. It certainly is not intended for controversy.

I don't mean to be rude, but you really need to get a clue and grow up.
Well quite frankly you are. You make no sense with your compulsion, if in fact you don't "mean to be rude." Just move on to the next post if you don't like my style. I don't agree with every post/poster, but I don't go out of my way to call the poster out on it. It's called forum etiquette.

Yeah well you should try and print backward sometime smarty pants.
As far as that goes....IT'S FRIGGEN SARCASIM.....I know full well posting that picture of my trucks reflection gets under RP's skin a bit, but he somehow deals with it.

So if I made you mad, I apologize. In doing so I extend the olive branch.

Peace.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH

To put in my 2 cents worth on the REAL topic: I prefer tape if I'm going to be using more than 1 product. With one, it's easy enough and a time saver to not tape and just be really careful. But when it gets into more than one (or anytime I'm using a machine), then it's taping time. Makes it really worry free to know that I can buff right over the edge and not having to worry about any residues. Like RP, I feel that using the painter's edge technique is rather clumsy, so I don't use it often, but it definately has it's times where it's good.

Thats how i feel, the first time i detailed my truck i used three products by hand and taped it up. For times when i'm only using one product by hand i just keep a towel in my pocket and when i happen to touch a piece of trim i quickly wipe it off. I was just curious if the same approach was adequate for a buffing machien as i'm thinking about picking one up. Thanks for the help!

Old 06-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by cannonballgsu
For times when i'm only using one product by hand i just keep a towel in my pocket and when i happen to touch a piece of trim i quickly wipe it off. I was just curious if the same approach was adequate for a buffing machien as i'm thinking about picking one up. Thanks for the help!
the biggest issue with that approcah when using a machine is that most of the time you do not notice when you have hit some trim .. so unless you are going to wipe over every piece of trim as soon as you are done with each panel, some form of protection is a good thing ..

I still tape hen I am going to be putting a lot of time in with the rotary, or PC .. once you get it down, it doesn't take that long ..

this tape job took less than 10 minutes. .

Old 06-10-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Gipraw
the biggest issue with that approcah when using a machine is that most of the time you do not notice when you have hit some trim .. so unless you are going to wipe over every piece of trim as soon as you are done with each panel, some form of protection is a good thing ..

I still tape hen I am going to be putting a lot of time in with the rotary, or PC .. once you get it down, it doesn't take that long ..

this tape job took less than 10 minutes. .

Oh, i'm very familiar with taping up, i do a little painting on the side!

Quick Reply: Buffing around Trim