Wasn't This Clean in the Showroom

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

RockPick, sorry to hear about the water. When you have to worry about your water chipping your paint on impact, well, I'd hate to know what it's doing to your insides.

If you don't mind, post up a pic of the step ladder thing that fits over the wheels. Sounds interesting.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dot dot
If you don't mind, post up a pic of the step ladder thing that fits over the wheels. Sounds interesting.
Here ya go...

EBAY LINK

Old 06-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by nhfx4
How do you guys get up to do the roof and windshield ? I'm only 5' 8'' so I have a hard time washing/drying/polishing/waxing the roof and cleaning the windshield. Also the hood sometimes. I have tried one of those little stepladder things with two steps but even then I have limited success. I can get a lot of the roof from the bed, but I have a roll back tonneau cover which limits how far back I can stand in the bed.

Colin
I use one of these .. works great

Grip Folding Aluminum Platform — 330-Lb. Capacity

you can get it at Northern Tools .. about 30 bucks..

Old 06-12-2007, 01:24 PM
SHORTY!!!

I will admit, though, that I use a step ladder occasionally to prevent me leaning on the paint and scratching it. Even being 6'1", I'll still pull that sucka' out. )But you're still Short )

Old 06-12-2007, 01:42 PM
hmmm im only 5'7" but i can reach everything except the center of the hood near the windshield. For the roof i stand in the bed and just open all my doors and stand on the truck and sometimes hang on to the "oh schit" handle. i do use a rubbermaid step stool/storage box. i dont know where i got it, but its nifty to keep all my detailing supplies in there. im sure RP would need about 30 of these to fit all his supplies.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
SHORTY!!!

I will admit, though, that I use a step ladder occasionally to prevent me leaning on the paint and scratching it. Even being 6'1", I'll still pull that sucka' out. )But you're still Short )
Once upon a time being 5' 8'' wasn't regarded as being that short, but nowadays kids seem about 10 feet tall, girls included. Not only that but I'm losing my hair too. It sucks getting old

Quick Reply: Wasn't This Clean in the Showroom