I'm in over my head!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in over my head!

The owner of the local Ford dealership called and asked if I would do his personal vehicle after seeing my 150. He has an 04 Crown Vic, that special one that's all Black, grille, bumpers, the only chrome is around the Ford ovals. 14k miles!!

Anyway, he wanted me to use some stuff called Zylon. It's supposed to last like forever!

I know nothing at all about the product other than it won't last more than a year, if that! And, it stinks!!!!

Has anyone ever had any experience with this crap? I say crap because I did half the deck lid with 83/9 and then applied some of this stuff and it actually clouded up!

I'm going to do his car with two coats of NXT and a top coat or two of #16, I'm looking for ammunition I can use against the use of this stuff.

Flagship

Old 06-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Show him what it does on one of his lot vehicles.

Funny he won't use HIS employees to do this work. Kinda tells you what to expect when they wash your vehicle when you bring it in for service.

Jim

Old 06-11-2007, 08:20 PM
I showed him what McGuires does on my vehicle. That's why he wants me to do the job.

The car wash guy is a nice enough person, and he does the type of job the vast majority of people in this area want done. This is, after all, Montana! It is normal to not be able to tell what color a vehicle is under the thick coating of mud.

Flagship

Old 06-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There are lots of great products out there! Good luck with the detail.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:04 PM
I say he came to you to detail it cause of the good work you do. Your good work uses what ever brand you use normally. Tell him if he wants his car to look good, let you use your own judgement on products or go somewhere else. It would be like a customer telling me they want their car fixed but to use craftsman tools instead of my own snap-on tools.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:18 PM
good luck!. Make sure to post pics.

Quick Reply: I'm in over my head!