Stains in 07 leather..

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stains in 07 leather..

Just bought an 07 Exp. Somehow I got some dirt on the leather driver seat already. Must have sat in something. The seat is the camel color. I tried cleaning it with Lexol leather cleaner and some of it came out. I don't want to be to harsh on these seats as they are only a week old. The leather seems very dry but maybe that is the style? 1) Is Lexol the safest / least harsh cleaner to use for stains like this. 2) Should I condition the entire truck now? Thanks.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Lexol is a pretty harsh cleaner IMO, I really like Leather CPR (or even better just try a warm damp cloth first). Keep in mind that you only have true leather on the seating surfaces themselves, rest is pleather...as far as conditioner I just did our 07 Expy with Meguiars Aloe Conditioner which seems to work well....

Old 06-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by plunds01
Lexol is a pretty harsh cleaner IMO, I really like Leather CPR (or even better just try a warm damp cloth first). Keep in mind that you only have true leather on the seating surfaces themselves, rest is pleather...as far as conditioner I just did our 07 Expy with Meguiars Aloe Conditioner which seems to work well....

Ok. I tried a clean rag in warm water rung out. I didn't realize the rest of the seats were not leather. Ok to use leather conditioning products on them?

I will try some leather CPR. Thanks.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the Meguiars 2 part cleaner/conditioner with Aloe. I used it in my sister's Mountaineer with great results. She's off at school with no real place to clean it. She doesn't really care anyway. The Meguiar's removed spots that were there for who know's how long.

Quick Reply: Stains in 07 leather..