which one do you pro's use the most?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which one do you pro's use the most?

Final Inspection® is a fast, mist-on, wipe-off detailer for a “Show Car Shine.” Use to evaluate paint repairs, or to look for surface defects. Ideal for use before customer delivery.

or

Meguiar's® Last Touch Spray Detailer produces incredible depth, shine and gloss. This spray-on, wipe-off product has a unique blend of polymeric lubricating agents that gently removes dust, fingerprints, smudges and other contaminants, leaving a flawless, showroom shine.

I have been using the Final Inspection for clay, between washes, DA Pad prep etc.

Would like to hear how the rest of you them and why? Does the Last Touch really add depth?

Old 06-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I use and buy Last Touch but, almost exclusively as a clay lubricant. Frankly, I don't like it as a QD -- at all. It's far too smeary IMO.

FI would be my choice between those two.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:10 PM
I agree with RP ..

but I don't use either these days..

Old 06-14-2007, 11:36 PM
Same here. #34 all the way.

I've never seen either add depth. If that's what you're after, go for some 4-star Ultimate Gloss Enhancer. But, when I let a buddy borrow it (the #34 FI), he said it did add some pop...I dunno. I'll bring my FI along when we get together. When will that be??? (I leave Sat. and get back Thurs. night, so it'll have to be after that since I work all day tomorrow.)

RP-- in your experience, have you noticed the Poorboys Spray and Wipe adding any depth?

Old 06-14-2007, 11:52 PM
I just found it interesting that the description says it adds depth.

I use the FI as my QD between washes when it is ok to, otherwise I use the Optimum no rinse wash or just wash the sucker.

Just didn't know if I was missing something unique by not using the Last Touch.

While we are on the subject, whats better for claying? I have been using the FI.

Opps....Ryan I reread your post.....I do have a gallon of FI left, I like the stuff. I will be in Cozumel when you get back so lets plan that following weekend...you bring the spray paint!!!

Last edited by RollingRock; 06-14-2007 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:49 AM
I don't think it matters much for claying. I use the FI, also. I got mine at a really good deal (one of Rick's Promo's), so it was cheap... Works for me.

Jason- The weekend of the 23rd? or the 30th? Also, I'll bring what I have left, but I pretty much used all the R/O. I still have a good amount of the high-temp. I'm completely out of the rubberized undercoating, and have about 1/3rd of a can of the regular Rust Oleum left. I do, however, have almost a full can of Naval Jelly, but that doesn't get the looks I'm after.

RP--Not to jack the thread, but a potential customer wants me to use the Mercedes Interior (stuff) on his Benz. It's made for Mercedes by Meguiars, and is a white cream...Great for door seals and the interior, one application for a matte finish, 2 for gloss...I think it's Natural shine at a higher price, but what do you think? Do you happen to know about this?
I have no problem using the stuff if that's what he wants, but I figured I could save him some $$$, since his bottle was $14, and natural sine is 1/2 that. If it's the same, I'd like to help him out. Nobody deserves to pay double.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by f-150sport03
RP-- in your experience, have you noticed the Poorboys Spray and Wipe adding any depth?
No. Not at all. In fact, on most surfaces I've found that it actually finishes a bit smeary.

For me, that's not that big of a deal because I almost always follow it with some sort of 'finishing' QD spray. I just it for the lubrication factor...

Old 06-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by f-150sport03
RP--Not to jack the thread, but a potential customer wants me to use the Mercedes Interior (stuff) on his Benz. It's made for Mercedes by Meguiars, and is a white cream...Great for door seals and the interior, one application for a matte finish, 2 for gloss...I think it's Natural shine at a higher price, but what do you think? Do you happen to know about this?
I have no problem using the stuff if that's what he wants, but I figured I could save him some $$$, since his bottle was $14, and natural sine is 1/2 that. If it's the same, I'd like to help him out. Nobody deserves to pay double.
If it's a cream, it's not natural shine. Natural Shine is a spray.

As for the correlation between Meg's C, A, or M line and the Mercedes-branded products... I have no clue. Might try that one at MOL to figure out what might be the best match between the individual product lines. Hopefully Pennington will ring in with some thought...

-RP-

Old 06-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
If it's a cream, it's not natural shine. Natural Shine is a spray.

-RP-
Sorry-- said that wrong. It's a spray, but it comes out like a cream, like Natural shine. Very similar in appearance, but I couldn't tell you about smell, b/c I had allergies that day...But it seems almost the same. I guess I'll ask on MOL.

Thanks.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
No. Not at all. In fact, on most surfaces I've found that it actually finishes a bit smeary.

For me, that's not that big of a deal because I almost always follow it with some sort of 'finishing' QD spray. I just it for the lubrication factor...
Interesting...I wouldn't have guessed from something with it's pricetag...

Thanks for the input.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Ok, ready for some controversy?

First off, found out today that Last Touch is cheaper than Final Inspection. Who knew.

Now for the controversy.

I was told today that NXT and Megs #21 are the same product but one is colored differently. The story I got was. The NXT line in general become more popular than Meg expected so they used #21 as the NXT wax.

Anyone buying that?

Old 06-15-2007, 10:37 PM
i would highly recommend Meguiar's ULTIMATE Quik Detailer for a quick wipe down.. It is amazing...especially for darker colors!

Old 06-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Now for the controversy.

I was told today that NXT and Megs #21 are the same product but one is colored differently. The story I got was. The NXT line in general become more popular than Meg expected so they used #21 as the NXT wax.

Anyone buying that?
Who told you that ?

Old 06-16-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by Gipraw
Who told you that ?
The Meg dealer I buy from. They supply a good majority of the local pro car wash locations.

Claimed it was a marketing thing.

Old 06-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Moderator &

Interestingly enough... NXT came out before #21... so, that said, not sure how it could be true.

While I'm certain that they both used proprietary synthetic polymers (that are present in OODLES of Meg's products now), I feel confident in saying that they are two individual products.

Quick Reply: which one do you pro's use the most?