Need help with water spots

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with water spots

In my haste the other night, I parked the truck where the sprinklers hit it on one side. I was, of course, dissapointed the next morning to see hard water spots all over it. They had set in so quickly that I can hardly rub the spots away from the glass when I press as hard as I can. Naturally, I am not excited to try and remove these spots from the black paint. I have heard rumors of the use of such things as vinegar, or CLR. However, I am not sure that such items won't damage the paint. Anybody have any suggestions or comments that may help?

Old 06-17-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm not an expert but I suffer from the same problem with my black truck too. What I do is rewash the truck using a GOOD car wash soap and this seems to help break down the water spots. Another thing I do is dry right after the rinse so that the water does not have time to dry off by itself and this really helps. I know your dealing with spots from the night before but like I said washing seems to help break them down.

Old 06-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by nubsnubs
In my haste the other night, I parked the truck where the sprinklers hit it on one side. I was, of course, dissapointed the next morning to see hard water spots all over it. They had set in so quickly that I can hardly rub the spots away from the glass when I press as hard as I can. Naturally, I am not excited to try and remove these spots from the black paint. I have heard rumors of the use of such things as vinegar, or CLR. However, I am not sure that such items won't damage the paint. Anybody have any suggestions or comments that may help?
If you had water spots set in that quickly you may be in need to detail the truck. I haven't seen water spots set in that quickly on properly cared for paint. Not saying you don't but a good way to tackle this is to clay, clean the paint and wax it. This way in the future you can get them off a lot easier. As for the glass, try Stoners glass cleaner or SprayWay glass cleaner. That stuff works really well.

I know others have had this issue and you could prob do a quick search on waterspots and come up with some good solutions.

Got any pictures of the spots?

Good luck.

JP

Old 06-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Are the spots on top of the paint or are they 'in' the paint? We can move forward from there.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Are the spots on top of the paint or are they 'in' the paint? We can move forward from there.
And where have you been sir? I've been trying to cover for ya...

Old 06-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by RollingRock
And where have you been sir? I've been trying to cover for ya...
There aren't enough hours in a day... my life is totally upside down here as of late.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:58 PM
There aren't enough hours in a day... my life is totally upside down here as of late.
and it is going to get even more fun ..

Old 06-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by Gipraw
and it is going to get even more fun ..
In all honesty, at this exact moment in time, I'm not sure I'm even close to ready... I don't have any choice there though.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:20 AM
Vinegar!

Old 06-18-2007, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by nubsnubs
I use this company on occasion but found this page that may help you.

http://www.topoftheline.com/waterspots.html

I like them b/c they are all Razorbacks but honestly, they are good people too and very helpful.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:24 AM
In all honesty, at this exact moment in time, I'm not sure I'm even close to ready... I don't have any choice there though.
it's all worth it .. every minute of lost sleep .. .. every $$$ you will spend ..

Quick Reply: Need help with water spots