Turtle Wax ICE

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Turtle Wax ICE

I gave my 06 F150 FX4a quick cleaning last night, used a shammie to dry it, and applied some Turtle Wax ICE wax. I normally clay bar the whole friggin thing with Meguirs but wanted to try something different.

To sum it all up after the waxing

IT SUCKS !! Stick with your Meguirs products. There products are the only ones I have ever found to give me the smooth as glass feel.

Tomorrow I will post back with how it turned out when I can see it in daylight. I waxed this thing almost all the way at nightfall so it may look rough.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My uncle used this product on his Izuzu Vehicross and said it was not very good either.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:10 PM
i just waxed a 37 foot motor home with ICE and it sucked a fatty! we waxed the ****in thing for 4 and a half hours and it wouldnt turn out good. before you throw the bottle away i also used it on my white truck and i was pretty impressed. it did a good job, just not on the fiberglass body of the motorhome.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by fordman164
i just waxed a 37 foot motor home with ICE and it sucked a fatty! we waxed the ****in thing for 4 and a half hours and it wouldnt turn out good. before you throw the bottle away i also used it on my white truck and i was pretty impressed. it did a good job, just not on the fiberglass body of the motorhome.
Suckin' a fatty is putting it lightly !! Avoid this stuff like the Bubonic Plague....

Old 06-19-2007, 02:34 AM
Wow I used that ice stuff on my mazda when I had it and it worked great for me. My car was in the shaded garage for a little while so the metal was not scorching hot so that prob made a difference.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Update:

Well I am changing my stance on this product. It seems to be doing a fantastic job on repelling water and keeping the truck clean. This weekend I am going to clean the truck again and snap some photos so I can see what a second coat will do.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:32 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Turd Furguson
Update:

Well I am changing my stance on this product. It seems to be doing a fantastic job on repelling water and keeping the truck clean. This weekend I am going to clean the truck again and snap some photos so I can see what a second coat will do.
It's been like 10 days though?

Pig urine, tainted with a slight amount of carnauba, will repel water for 10 days.

Just poking at you, Turd. If you like it, use it. It's that simple! Enjoy!

-RP-

Trending Topics

Old 06-29-2007, 09:22 AM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
Even a crappy wax is better than using nothing as long as it's designed for modern clear coat systems.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Let's face it -- Turtle Wax products are primarily designed for the dolt who buys a new Chevy and is all excited and decides he's going to throw a coat of wax on it to really shine it up.

He runs down to Wal-Mart and buys the Turtle Wax product, washes the vehicle in full sunlight using Tide and the rag his wife uses to clean the bathroom floors. After it has air-dryed, he throws a coat of Turtle Wax over the water spots, then drives down to the Dairy Queen thinking he's a champion.

After this first go-round, the car never see's a coat wax again unless it's the spray-on kind you get down at the local Texaco's drive-thru brush wash. The half used bottle of Turtle Wax sits on the garage shelf for 8 years until the wife eventually throws it away.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by ddellwo
Let's face it -- Turtle Wax products are primarily designed for the dolt who buys a new Chevy and is all excited and decides he's going to throw a coat of wax on it to really shine it up.

He runs down to Wal-Mart and buys the Turtle Wax product, washes the vehicle in full sunlight using Tide and the rag his wife uses to clean the bathroom floors. After it has air-dryed, he throws a coat of Turtle Wax over the water spots, then drives down to the Dairy Queen thinking he's a champion.

After this first go-round, the car never see's a coat wax again unless it's the spray-on kind you get down at the local Texaco's drive-thru brush wash. The half used bottle of Turtle Wax sits on the garage shelf for 8 years until the wife eventually throws it away.

That's about my opinion of Turtle Wax products

Old 07-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Tska
That's about my opinion of Turtle Wax products
Ditto

I used ICE for a mid wax shine and it sucked a golf ball through a garden hose.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Not all Turtle Wax Products are bad, I'll admit, their waxes aren't that good. I really like the Power Out carpet/upholstery cleaner and their tire wax and gel are 100% sling proof. Although I wouldn't use their brand for my paint wax, I wonder since the ICE is something touted as being able to be applied to plastic, how would it work for just plastic and trimming? A big complaint with plastic protectants is that when it rain, they wash away and leave streaking down the sides of your vehicle - this is where I found my love for using EagleOne Wax As U Dry on my plastic. It does not wash away in the rain or leave streaks and seems to do some additional cleaning over regular washing and seems to protect well. Maybe ICE could be well suited for plastic protection/dressing? I wanna try it out for that specific use.....

Old 07-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Nedward
Ditto

I used ICE for a mid wax shine and it sucked a golf ball through a garden hose.

Wow, it's that talented.

Old 07-07-2007, 03:27 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by renglander
Wow, it's that talented.
I knew a girl back in high school that could suck a watermelon thru a straw!

Old 07-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by emig5m
. . . Maybe ICE could be well suited for plastic protection/dressing? I wanna try it out for that specific use . . .
If you try that out, post your opinion on how it works out. I would be interested to know.

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax ICE