NXT products

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
WAAAY too much liability there for me.

Just be careful!
Exactly, I could only imagine someone getting into an accident because their hand slipped off the steering wheel, or because their foot slipped off the brake.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:53 AM
That's what keeps the world a'spinin'. Choices!

If you like it, that's all that matters. I've never found a use for it personally.

I'd have to mimmick 03mustang though... I'm not so sure that I'd use it on the steering wheel! I'm sure that all of the detailers here that either do this as a primary or secondary job will echo the fact that it *could* be problematic from the standpoint of grip on the wheel. Like most, I also won't do anything to brake or gas pedals from a coating standpoint. WAAAY too much liability there for me.

Just be careful!
agreed .. also the same reason that I don't/won't treat the treads on the nerf bars, steps, etc.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gipraw
agreed .. also the same reason that I don't/won't treat the treads on the nerf bars, steps, etc.
Hmm. I typically wipe those down but never really considered not doing it. In our litigious society where everyone is wanting to sue everyone else for everything... maybe I should reconsider that work practice.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:03 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
To be safe, I'd probably use something on those surfaces that will clean them and make them look nice that does not leave any kind of coating on them.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Wink

I do everything except the actual wheel (the horn/airbag cover area, column, etc) and use Stoners or NXT glass cleaner on the actual part your hands touch, lol. I did say steering wheel column, lol.

That's what keeps the world a'spinin'. Choices!

If you like it, that's all that matters. I've never found a use for it personally.
It's actually good, but wait, you're commenting on it spinning off tires and my bottle clearly says 'Interior' Tech Protectant... maybe we're not talking about the same stuff? What I really like about it is it doesn't give a un-natural, or overly oily/greasy look (but only when re-buffed with a clean microfiber - it comes out perfect just like I like it). I've seen some pics of trucks on autotrader that just about made me puke their interiors where so oily it looked like they took a paint brush and painted it with 90wt gear oil, lol. I wouldn't even wanna get in a vehicle like that, that's just nasty.

Like even with tire shine, I steer more towards that 'brand new' tire look then that more wetter then water look, heh.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by emig5m
It's actually good, but wait, you're commenting on it spinning off tires and my bottle clearly says 'Interior' Tech Protectant...
Just shows how old mine is I suppose...

It was originally called Tech Protectant (no interior). As one of a few that tinkered with it pre-release, I guess my stuff is, shall we say, 'dated'.

I'm not much of an interior 'gloss' kind of guy but will occasionally wipe down with Vinylex (more for the sunscreen component than the gloss). Maybe they've tinkered with the formulation (Meg's does this *A LOT*).

Old 06-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Yea I'm not much for the interior gloss either (ok, I think I've made myself clear on that, lol) That's why I do the extra re-buff step with a clean fiber towl to take away most of that. I do like the slightly deeper color and it keeps the plastic from getting that dried out/aged look and keeps it showroom - that's all I'm really after. Hopefully the NXT also has some stuff in it to protect from the sun too...lol. Why else would they call it protectant?

BTW, I think we need a live chat for the detailing forum today, lol.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Hmm. I typically wipe those down but never really considered not doing it. In our litigious society where everyone is wanting to sue everyone else for everything... maybe I should reconsider that work practice.

i used to do it also .. until I busted my .. umm .. posterior one saturday afternoon getting ready to pull my baby back into the garage... lol

now I just clean them really well, and leave them be ..

Old 06-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by Gipraw
i used to do it also .. until I busted my .. umm .. posterior one saturday afternoon getting ready to pull my baby back into the garage... lol

now I just clean them really well, and leave them be ..
I always tell the client of certain stipulations that I have (like no dressing on the wheel/pedals for safety). Maybe I'll add this one to that 'disclaimer', of sorts.

I've nearly slipped before... I try to make it a habit to never step on them, personally. I know they're there to use but, I just can't bring myself to scuff them up.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:35 PM
I use the NXT Tech Protectant on my interior dash and trim. Works good, seems to have quite a bit of UVA/UVB protecting synthetic polymers which keeps the dash nice in the hot sun.

My only gripe is that it is makes a lot of static.

Old 07-01-2007, 04:36 PM
I found another one of those nasty gear-oiled interiors today looking at trucks on ebay....lol. For example what I'm talking about:

That's just nasty, ugly, and un-natural imo. My pic of my truck on the first page is a perfectly even matte/brand new looking and natural finish.

Last edited by emig5m; 07-01-2007 at 04:40 PM.

Quick Reply: NXT products