NXT products

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NXT products

Anyone tried the car soap or wax?

Old 06-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've used the wax with great results. My favorite wax. Never used the soap. I've also used the NXT tire shine in the aresol can. I didn't like it worth a damn, lots of sling off. I back to using the regular spray now.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:55 PM
Suspended
I use the soap on my familys vehicles and to wash the wheels, wheel wells, tips, dirty stuff. I use the wax on my wheels. I don't like it on the paint though. I find a carnuba based wax gives darker colors more depth and gloss. The synthetic waxes give it a more saran wrap effect. I like the NXT aerosol tire shine a lot, especially with 37s. I don't ever get any sling from it but I do let it dry overnight before driving.

Last edited by ThumperMX113; 06-24-2007 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I use the wax on my wheels. I don't like it on the paint though. I find a carnuba based wax gives darker colors more depth and gloss. The synthetic waxes give it a more saran wrap effect. I like the NXT aerosol tire shine a lot, especially with 37s. I don't ever get any sling from it but I do let it dry overnight before driving.
What kind of Carnuba wax are you using? I recently did #26 on top of NXT and it turned out great. I should have tried #26 alone.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Suspended
I've been using Gold Class ontop of #80 and #2. I ordered a 16oz thing of #26 so we'll see.

Old 06-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Nothing special IMO. I use the soap on customer cars, but am in the process of finding something else.

Old 06-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's a very good consumer line of products, for the most part. Like any 'series' of products, there is a dud or two in the mix but, for the most part, it's a very well respected set of products that is very readily available.

In short, if you're looking for something that's easy to find, easy to use, and yields a pretty darn good end result, it's a great match.

Personally, the NXT soap (especially the original formula -- it's been changed a few times) is a decent consumer-grade soap that will be versatile as long as it's properly diluted. In short, it's not the best but, it's FAR from the worst.

The NXT Synthetic wax really isn't too shabby of a product and is used by oodles upon oodles of people. I keep it in my aresonal and occasionally go to it for specific vehicles or even on my own paint at times. It's super simple to use (as are most products on the market these days) and it yields a high shine with fairly good protection. In short, it's a keeper in my opinion.

The Spray Wax is garbage, in my opinion. I've simply never found any use for any spray wax out there on the market -- and that includes several basic consumer and even some higher end spray waxes. It's just not a nitche that I think is worth the shelf space or bandwidth.

The NXT Metal Polysh is one that I find myself going to more and more. For a consumer-grade product, it's actually a VERY good one. And, honestly, the more I use it, the less I think about ordering a replacement order of Heavy Metal Polish (www.heavymetalpolish.com). In a nutshell, I *will* continue to use this and really find it to be a very good weapon in my set.

NXT Detailer - garbage. Very streaky. I was given several bottles of this and the only thing that I can find a use for it is as a clay lube. Even then, it's iffy.

NXT Tech Protectant - Lousy at best. Sling magnet on tires. The only thing it has goign for it is the smell -- which actually smells really good. I don't select products based strictly on odorifiours properties though.

I think that's NXT. I had the fortunate experience of tinkering with many of these products before they hit the market both on my personal vehicles as well as at Meguiar's when I was there for training. All in all, there are a couple of A- products in there and there are a few C- to D- products. As is the norm for most lines, I'll pick and choose within the set of products on the ones that I like and don't like.

-RP-

Old 06-25-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
The Spray Wax is garbage, in my opinion. I've simply never found any use for any spray wax out there on the market -- and that includes several basic consumer and even some higher end spray waxes. It's just not a nitche that I think is worth the shelf space or bandwidth.
Have you tried Pinnacle Souveran Spray? If not, then you need to. Use it as maintenance after washers.

BTW, I just sent you an email.

Last edited by 03gtmustang; 06-25-2007 at 12:22 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:46 AM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by 03gtmustang
Have you tried Pinnacle Souveran Spray? If not, then you need to. Use it as maintenance after washers.

BTW, I just sent you an email.
I have tried it. It falls into the category of an unnecessary product, in my opinion.

The effort involved in using a spraywax is barely second to putting on a coat with a foam applicator in my opinion. I haven't found an exception to that rule.

For me, if I'm going to use a QD spray -- well, that's one thing but, if I'm going to use a spray wax, I'd rather pull out a foam applicator and smack on a coat of the 'real' product. Different strokes, I suppose.

Responded & sorry. That one is out of my hands...

-RP-

Old 06-25-2007, 12:57 AM
I am using the wash, and I've used the tire shine. The wash suds up really nice and smells really good. The tire shine... that was one of the more "heavy slingers," even with a night of drying. Maybe it doesn't like high speeds?

Old 06-25-2007, 09:22 AM
I am in the process of using them both up now. They are not bad products, but I probably won't buy them again. They are not inexpensive by any means, and I think that better products can be bought at the same price. Some people swear by them though.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Moderator &

Ahh... NXT Insane Shine. Yep. That's a crummy product as well. Also, keep in mind that one of the listed ingredients is Hexane -- which is kind of a nasty player and is a carcinogen. FYI.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:42 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by RockPick
NXT Tech Protectant - Lousy at best. Sling magnet on tires. The only thing it has goign for it is the smell -- which actually smells really good. I don't select products based strictly on odorifiours properties though.
Are you talking about the interior NXT Tech Protectant? I like it a lot! I apply it with one microfiber rag, and then when I'm done, I buff with a clean and dry microfiber rag to take the greasiness away and that also leaves a nice even streak and grease free coat. This is the only pic I have (I was taking a pic of the dash cluster) but you can see the dash, steering wheel column etc. where it has a nice perfectly even semi gloss finish that's not overly greasy, oily, streaky, or unnatural looking. I think it does a great job if you take the extra step to buff with a clean microfiber rag after the initial application.

Nice brand new look (well, it's slightly glossier then brand new untreated plastic) that doesn't look overly greasy/unnatural/overly wet.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:46 PM
You put that stuff on your steering wheel!?

Old 06-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by emig5m
Are you talking about the interior NXT Tech Protectant? I like it a lot! I apply it with one microfiber rag, and then when I'm done, I buff with a clean and dry microfiber rag to take the greasiness away and that also leaves a nice even streak and grease free coat. This is the only pic I have (I was taking a pic of the dash cluster) but you can see the dash, steering wheel column etc. where it has a nice perfectly even semi gloss finish that's not overly greasy, oily, streaky, or unnatural looking. I think it does a great job if you take the extra step to buff with a clean microfiber rag after the initial application.
That's what keeps the world a'spinin'. Choices!

If you like it, that's all that matters. I've never found a use for it personally.

I'd have to mimmick 03mustang though... I'm not so sure that I'd use it on the steering wheel! I'm sure that all of the detailers here that either do this as a primary or secondary job will echo the fact that it *could* be problematic from the standpoint of grip on the wheel. Like most, I also won't do anything to brake or gas pedals from a coating standpoint. WAAAY too much liability there for me.

Just be careful!

Quick Reply: NXT products