Megs Body Solvent Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Megs Body Solvent Question

Just ordered some Meguiars body solvent to try. Is it like a lot of other bug/tar removers in that it removes wax and everything else with the bug juice? Does one have to reseal/rewax after using it?

Thanks

Old 06-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Yes, you should re-wax after using Body Solvent.

I've had great results with Body Solvent on tar. I spray it on and let it soak in for at least 15 to 20 minutes and the tar wipes right off the paint. I've found the key is to letting it soak for a while. It does not work very well on bugs though. The Body Solvent works best at removing petroleum based products. That is my experience.

All yea, and it has a great smell. A little too good considering it is a solvent.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Mister B
Yes, you should re-wax after using Body Solvent.

I've had great results with Body Solvent on tar. I spray it on and let it soak in for at least 15 to 20 minutes and the tar wipes right off the paint. I've found the key is to letting it soak for a while. It does not work very well on bugs though. The Body Solvent works best at removing petroleum based products. That is my experience.

All yea, and it has a great smell. A little too good considering it is a solvent.
Agreed 110%. It's a great source in my aresonal.... and gosh, does it ever smell good. I love vanilla!

Old 06-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Havent tried it yet. But you should definitely rewax. I know some people even dilute it 10:1 and use it on carpet and around the interior. Im not a fan of doing that though.

Quick Reply: Megs Body Solvent Question