New Products at ADS

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RollingRock
BTW, Tic, that looks really good.
Thanks Rolling Rock,

Didn't want the Showroom Restore to go un-noticed with the discussion about the clay vs sponge.

The Showroom New Restore works very well. I especially like it topped with #40.

Tic

Old 10-22-2007, 08:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sponge

Originally Posted by glc
Thanks for the response, both of you gents.

I think I can agree with your evaluation of the liquid clay and I'll take that off my short list - but what I'm real curious about is the sponge.

Arizona Beige. I'm not out to do a multi-step detail like you guys do - and your work looks great, by the way. I'm looking to simply clean it up and protect it without busting my ***, thinking clay or the sponge and a hand NXT job. Until I started reading this forum I would have simply gotten some kind of cleaner wax for clear coats and used it like in the old days. I'm not OCD about my truck like you guys - I just want to "wash and wax" it. If I wanted to get it looking like yours, I'd pay you to do mine for me, I don't have the energy any more to go through all that.

The sponge looks easier to use and can be rinsed if dropped on the ground. I'm looking at simple advantages like that, I just don't want it to mess up my truck.

What do you think? Whatever I wind up doing, I'll take pics and write something up to share my experience, that's the least I can do.
I have the sponge and have used it on the front end of my wifes truck. It works OK but their are no shortcuts, it in no way, does the job of clay i think. I now only use it to get the bugs off her frontend and would not use it on my black 150. good luck

Quick Reply: New Products at ADS