Accessories for PC 7424

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accessories for PC 7424

Well I finally got my PC/DA! I ended up receiving it as a gift and got only the main unit. Now I need all the pads and accessories! I want to use it with the first 2 steps of the meguiars 3 step system (paint cleaner, polish) and then some liquid tech wax. Heres the list of stuff I plan on purchasing from ADS tonight, could you just let me know if there is anything else I need?

W8006, W9006 3 Pads Each. $49.95

Flexible DA Polisher Velcro Backing Plate $14.95

Ultimate Super Microfiber DA Polisher Bonnets $11.95

Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel - Out of stock! I'll have to buy some around here somewhere.

Anything else I need? Thanks!

Old 06-30-2007, 09:07 PM
While your ordering there, I suggest his 16 x 16 ultimate microfiber towels (12 pack for 9.99). I got some last order, they are really nice towels for the price.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Dkory22
Well I finally got my PC/DA! I ended up receiving it as a gift and got only the main unit. Now I need all the pads and accessories! I want to use it with the first 2 steps of the meguiars 3 step system (paint cleaner, polish) and then some liquid tech wax. Heres the list of stuff I plan on purchasing from ADS tonight, could you just let me know if there is anything else I need?

W8006, W9006 3 Pads Each. $49.95

Flexible DA Polisher Velcro Backing Plate $14.95

Ultimate Super Microfiber DA Polisher Bonnets $11.95

Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel - Out of stock! I'll have to buy some around here somewhere.

Anything else I need? Thanks!
grab a 12 pack of Rick's 16x16 MF towels .. they work well. good value.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:07 AM
Forget the bonnets, you dont need those. If the wax you're using is that hard to remove that you need to use a bonnet on the PC then you need a new wax, or you're waxing wrong. Id also step up your products since you've got a nice machine now. Maybe look into some Pinnacle XMT, Poorboys SSR's, CG Diamond Cut, etc.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:10 AM
Originally Posted by Net Wurker
While your ordering there, I suggest his 16 x 16 ultimate microfiber towels (12 pack for 9.99). I got some last order, they are really nice towels for the price.
Second....good stuff, about to order another 12 pack.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by 03gtmustang
Forget the bonnets, you dont need those. If the wax you're using is that hard to remove that you need to use a bonnet on the PC then you need a new wax, or you're waxing wrong. Id also step up your products since you've got a nice machine now. Maybe look into some Pinnacle XMT, Poorboys SSR's, CG Diamond Cut, etc.
Uh oh, I guess I misunderstood what the bonnets are for. I thought everyone used them to remove wax/polish/cleaner and just used the towels for the pillars and hard to buff areas. So you guys remove all the products by hand?

and thanks, I'll add those towels to the list!

Old 07-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Dkory22
Uh oh, I guess I misunderstood what the bonnets are for. I thought everyone used them to remove wax/polish/cleaner and just used the towels for the pillars and hard to buff areas. So you guys remove all the products by hand?

and thanks, I'll add those towels to the list!
yes .. almost all of us remove products by hand. there is a tendancy for a bonnet to "load" and cause some micromarring ..

what 03gtmustang mentioned about the wax being hard to remove is pretty accurate.

With the improvement in technology and application methods. if you are having trouble removing wax or sealant, you are probably applying the wax too thickly, not waiting long enough for it to dry, or you might need to look at using a different wax.. the synthetics almost remove themselves, as do most properly applied carnaubas. (heat and humidity are another couple of factors that can have an effect on your processes)

If it was me, I would skip the bonnets.

Trending Topics

Old 07-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Ok thanks! I'll skip those and make the purchase today, can't wait to try it out!

Quick Reply: Accessories for PC 7424