What works to remove wax/etc from trim

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What works to remove wax/etc from trim

What products do you experts use to remove wax and polishes from places they shouldn't be, like pebbled plastic trim pieces or weatherstrip or whatever?

I know the best way is to keep it off completely but sometimes it just happens. Besides it is a little late for that, the stuff is already there!

I've heard it can just be covered up with armor-all type products but if there is a relatively easy way to remove it, without removing the wax from the surrounding areas, that is what I would like to know.

An aside - is it necessary to wash the vehicle after using meguiars #80 and prior to applying #21 or #26?

Old 07-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Suspended
I always use 3M Blue Painters tape to tape everything off so I can't help you there but for your future reference it's a lot easier and only takes a few minutes. No #80 doesn't require a post wash. Just make sure you buff it all off.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Agree with the tape, it works wonders. (I started doing this just this year, and plan on continue)

using 303 or Meg Trim detailer works well too but when working with the trim, keep some window cleaner and QD around b.c you are going to get it on the paint you just took care of. No problem really just adds another step.

Kind of part of the game.

JP

Quick Reply: What works to remove wax/etc from trim