Q for RockPick

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q for RockPick

I'm trading my '05 SCab for an '07 SCrew with a the grey "Premium Cloth".
I really like the two tone in my '05 better, and even more so after reading all the horror stories of how the premium cloth stains. I've read even distilled water stains them, and many people have just made a spot larger than the original one when trying to clean the original stain.

I haven't had any issues with stains in my two-tone interior in the '05.

You're probably the person who has an answer to how to get the stains out of a premium cloth seat. I'm being proactive here.

I want to know what to have handy in the case I do have a spill.

Thanks!

Old 07-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for giving me credit on this one but, I have to confess that I've not worked on a vehicle with this flavor of terror cloth - specifically the Premium Cloth.

I know it's been mentioned here previously and I seem to recall that a couple of folks had obtained success but, I cannot recall the substance/chemical/brand of choice.

Sorry, man. I'm not going to be much help here. All I know is that the 'Premium Cloth' interiors haven't recieved high marks from owners, for the most part.

-RP-

Old 07-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Suspended
I've heard that Scotch Guarding them will help. .

Old 07-19-2007, 11:13 AM
I have 2 small kids so the first thing I did was got to Home Depot and picked up some Scotch Guard. Best thing I ever did because my wife likes feeding the kids from the front seat and a lot of the food and drinks never make it to the kids mouths. lol. Ive found empty juice boxes on there side. milk, gummy bears and everything a kid wants to eat when we go on a trip. My truck is 2 years now and we have taken 3 big vacations in the truck and 2 of them where more then 15 hours in the truck each way. I have no stains what so ever and believe me I check. Get a can it`s worth the $7.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:36 PM
So is it safe to say that after a good shampooing I can give the seats a coat of scotch guard and it should hold up? I bought my truck used so if I spill water on the seats, the dirt comes up. Interior is in dire need of a shampooing. Plus I too have kids and when I remove the car-seats to vacuum, there is usually a blast radius around them.

Last edited by phiire; 07-20-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by phiire
So is it safe to say that after a good shampooing I can give the seats a coat of scotch guard and it should hold up? I bought my truck used so if I spill water on the seats, the dirt comes up. Interior is in dire need of a shampooing. Plus I too have kids and when I remove the car-seats to vacuum, there is usually a blast radius around them.
Yes it should be safe.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go ahead and Scotchguard the seats the first day you have it. It will save you lots of time and headaches down the road. Before I Scotchguarded my seats any kind of liquid would leave spots. Condensation from drinks, rainwater. They are a major pain the butt to clean.

I've had luck using 409 and Hoover Spot and Stain Remover, I picked up the Hoover stuff at Lowe's.