Found a GREAT product

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 12:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found a GREAT product

So I Found a great product for rubber and plastics. I had some hazing on my side step and the bottom part of my front bumper was a bit sun faded. a friend of mine introduced me to a product called Black Again. It actually soaks into the material and restores its shine instead of just putting a coat on it. its easily found online only goes for about 8.00 a bottle. I highly reccomend this to anyone who wants to restore the shine in any plastic they have.

Old 07-22-2007, 02:31 AM
Sounds like Back to Black with a different label. Keep an eye on it for the next week or so, see if it turns powdery white.

Old 07-22-2007, 01:47 PM
thanks i will definatly do that. so far its holdn up great.

Old 07-22-2007, 01:59 PM
I've used it and have nothing but good things to say about it. I've also tried Back to Black years ago and have nothing good to say about it other than it looks good for a day or so before the white residue appears. I used the Black Again on some 12 yr old trim that had every other product you could think of over the yrs. After Back to Black it was a mess, I basically gave up trying to make it look black, BA held up for aover a month and even survived sitting in flood water for a few hours.

One important note, I'd only use this on trim that's not in top shape. Maintaining trim to prevent graying (with #40 or 303 or something with UV blockers) from the get go is the best case scenario. If you have grayed trim give it whirl.

I've also tried the Forever Black bumper and trim stuff and was greatly disappointed in it. It's in the queue for wheel well use someday when all the other junk runs out.

Old 07-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Is this the Megs. product? And where did you get this, cuz theres a post about Back to Black sucking a few down and I wish I wouldve got on the boards before today so I wouldnt have bought it and then used it a bit and tossed it. Now I have to rewash to make it look normal again.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:22 PM
black again

www.detailcity.com carries it its not a mothers or megs its some other brand i've never heard of. i havent seen it in any auto store but doesnt mean its not possible

Quick Reply: Found a GREAT product