How much did you pay to get your truck detailed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
You offering? LOL!

You've already got my email address... I'll be watching my paypal account for your donations.
HA! I still have yet to get half the detailing goodies I want...I didnt say I would donate, but I bet if you put a request in the QD forum you would have some... After all, priorities, right???!!!

But if you need me to take care of your truck while you are busy fathering, I would be happy to put some miles on a newer F-150... I try to elp where I can-- I wouldnt want your REAL baby to feel neglected by that squirmy screaming thingy...

Old 08-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
I try to help where I can-- I wouldnt want your REAL baby to feel neglected by that squirmy screaming thingy...

Old 08-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I wish it was just stinky poo, Doug. We have that coupled with acid reflux = screaming = sleepless nights = short tempered = angry = frustrated = sad = begging and pleading with a 1 month old = mental institution.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:43 PM
I wish it was just stinky poo, Doug. We have that coupled with acid reflux = screaming = sleepless nights = short tempered = angry = frustrated = sad = begging and pleading with a 1 month old = mental institution.
been there .. it will get better .. and it is all worth it ..

Old 08-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by Gipraw
been there .. it will get better .. and it is all worth it ..

I'll get through it... I guess I'm just having trouble adjusting.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:09 PM
I think you'll do fine...as long as you can use a QD, wax, or something else on it/with it. (I can see some father-son moments where you 2 are out waxing the KR soon...)

Old 08-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Moderator &

You mean daughter...

Old 08-03-2007, 11:40 PM
You mean daughter...
yeah-- oops. I really did know-- Brain fart...

Father-Daughter moment...

BTW-- you may just get lucky...Instead of that new makeup, when she is 16, she may be asking for a tin of #16... Just some thoughts for the future...

Old 08-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Moderator &

As much #16 as I have right now, I may still have some around when she is 16.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Req
Originally Posted by F151
Zero dollars.

And the results are priceless......
Me too. Non-owners and retail detailers don't have the pride level the pickup owner does.

However, there are those who cannot find a space to detail their vehicle, like apartment dwellers. For these folks I offer the advisory that I just paid $109.00 to have my daughter's Toyolta SUV fully detailed in/out. I personally checked the finished job at it was great.

I did not offer to do my daughter rig at my home with all my rags, Sears orbiter, PC orbiter, and shady garage. My daughter is small built and would never let me do such a job without her working her buns off trying to help me. She is well worth the 109 and smiled from ear to ear.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:46 AM
Talking

Even though my dad owns a carwash/Detail center, i still do all my detailing myself. I think it costs way too much money to get your truck detailed. Even though i use all the tools for free. I believe for a truck its like $50 for a Clay bar treatment. Then its like $80 for the machine waxing. Then for the interior costs $75 for a steam cleaning plus all the vinyl and leather gets cleaned and a dressing is put on. then its I think $30 for the motor cleaned and a dressing put on it. So all in all its around $200 - $250 for a good detail. Theres no way i could spend that much money on their car to make it look good. Im glad i get it for free.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Jr_WaxDr
Even though my dad owns a carwash/Detail center, i still do all my detailing myself. I think it costs way too much money to get your truck detailed. Even though i use all the tools for free. I believe for a truck its like $50 for a Clay bar treatment. Then its like $80 for the machine waxing. Then for the interior costs $75 for a steam cleaning plus all the vinyl and leather gets cleaned and a dressing is put on. then its I think $30 for the motor cleaned and a dressing put on it. So all in all its around $200 - $250 for a good detail. Theres no way i could spend that much money on their car to make it look good. Im glad i get it for free.
I think that's the price that I'm looking at for a full detail.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RollingRock
maybe Red Lariat but I ain't giving him the keys. I can just see burn outs in my truck on his youtube site.

Heck, I didn't even notice that until just now. Don't worry I already know what a Superduty will do in a burnout.

What else you drive?

Yeah... I'm pretty disappointed. These would've been my first Street Rods... I even ordered a new stock of Heavy Metal Polish for them. Oh well....
You can do my GT/CS next time you make it up to Pike County. It has not even been out on the road this year.:o

Old 08-12-2007, 04:23 PM
...I took my truck to the local carwash here in town called "Town and Country Car wash". I got a killer deal since I take my truck there just about every week. I talked the guy down to $60.THis is what I got:

Their full wash which includes, the washing and drying of the truck of course...., vacum, interior wipe down, inside and out glass cleaning, tire shine, and rim cleaner.
+
Full interior shampoo. (including the seats)
+
full exteriors wax
+
Exterior plastic treatment

...and they acutally did a good job. The best part is... it took about 30-40 minutes! =)

6" lift on 35" Discoverer tires. Lots of black. (2) 2,000 watt subs + 1,000 watt mono amp + extra battery/capacitor + touch screen Valor Double-din. JBA headers, K&N CAI, Airaid TBS, Diablosport Tuner, True duals, 4:56 gears, and lots more...

Last edited by fordboy05; 08-12-2007 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by fordboy05
...I took my truck to the local carwash here in town called "Town and Country Car wash". I got a killer deal since I take my truck there just about every week. I talked the guy down to $60.THis is what I got:

Their full wash which includes, the washing and drying of the truck of course...., vacum, interior wipe down, inside and out glass cleaning, tire shine, and rim cleaner.
+
Full interior shampoo. (including the seats)
+
full exteriors wax
+
Exterior plastic treatment

...and they acutally did a good job. The best part is... it took about 30-40 minutes! =)

6" lift on 35" Discoverer tires. Lots of black. (2) 2,000 watt subs + 1,000 watt mono amp + extra battery/capacitor + touch screen Valor Double-din. JBA headers, K&N CAI, Airaid TBS, Diablosport Tuner, True duals, 4:56 gears, and lots more...

how much micro marring do you have now from letting them dry the paint?

After all the work I did to mine a few weeks back, I ran into the "good place" locally, and now I have to redo the entire truck. Needless to say, I won't be going there again. I even asked them before I let them take my truck...."what towels do you dry with" he said, the good ones.

Lesson learned. Want it done right....do it yourself.

Quick Reply: How much did you pay to get your truck detailed?