First Full Detail...pretty tired now

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RollingRock

First it starts with trips to Autozone etc...then you start looking on the web, then you you wake up one afternoon passed out in your garage after eating a whole jar of Poorboys nattys red wax b/c it smelled soooo good.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks nattys red smells good, that was the first think I noticed when I opened up my jar on Friday. Now if the rain could stop so I could see if it works as good as it smells.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:54 PM
I need to order some Nattys Red before its all gone. I have the blue and it smells like candy. I wonder why they didnt make the white smell good?

Old 07-30-2007, 08:35 PM
First it starts with trips to Autozone etc...then you start looking on the web, then you you wake up one afternoon passed out in your garage after eating a whole jar of Poorboys nattys red wax b/c it smelled soooo good.
Isn't that the truth. Let me echo all those out there speaking about hyper dressing. This is absolutely the best stuff I have found for all of my black plastic pieces and tires. Shines it all up, gives it a shiny wet look, but doesn't attrack dirt and dust like a wet tire would. As for glass I also use Stoner's and have had no issues with it.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by LsuSuperCrew
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks nattys red smells good, that was the first think I noticed when I opened up my jar on Friday. Now if the rain could stop so I could see if it works as good as it smells.
It does. I have used S100, Natty's blue and now the Red. Hard to say about the Blue and Red but I think they shine deeper than the S100. I like all three and hate to see the red go when I am done with it. Trick is put on SUPER thin.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Sleestak
I need to order some Nattys Red before its all gone. I have the blue and it smells like candy. I wonder why they didnt make the white smell good?
PB is officially out of Red but if you are real nice, I know a little someone who has it.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Ive heard the Invisible Glass is the best window cleaner ever..... And I never recommend any kind of petroleum based tire shine, only gels/waxes with applicator. Any kind of petroleum based product of any kind is bad, such as normal armoul, it will actually enhance UV rays into your interior and tires and wear them down and causes cracking.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Truck looks great man! As far as windows, I use Stoner's in the aresol can on all exterior glass and interior glass except for the windshield. Someone mentioned using Isopropyl alcohol in a sprayer. I must say it works great for me. I use dedicated window towels.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:00 AM
x2 for the hyperdressing and stoners.

But BTW-- GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY!!!
(Its a family curse...My Dad is a Marine, My brother in the Army, and me in the Navy...Interesting dinner conversations...)

Your truck looks pretty good.

Also-- now that you have the bug, forget about consumer stores. You will soon be ordering everything online. Its OK, though. Cheaper, better, and in higher volumes.

As for storing your truck for 15 mo.s (presumably for an activation), get a car cover for it...I know nothing about these, though. But I hear they work. Also-- get that cheerleader of yours to drive it around every month or 2 to not only keep the gas from going bad, but to keep everything on working order.

Be safe out there!!!

Old 07-31-2007, 12:16 AM
It does. I have used S100, Natty's blue and now the Red. Hard to say about the Blue and Red but I think they shine deeper than the S100. I like all three and hate to see the red go when I am done with it. Trick is put on SUPER thin.
The super thin part is gonna get me i know it. I have a problem with putting on waxes to thick, I had solved it by using the PC but with a paste wax the PC is out the window. I guess it's time to learn a little control

Old 07-31-2007, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by LsuSuperCrew
The super thin part is gonna get me i know it. I have a problem with putting on waxes to thick, I had solved it by using the PC but with a paste wax the PC is out the window. I guess it's time to learn a little control
If you have prepped right (i know you have) you will get all giddy when you use natty's by hand. (something about that just doesn't sound right) But it really does go on very easy and comes off easy pending you don't let it set too long.

It goes on just like the S100, very slick and feels like melted butter on paint.

Natty's red on toast is also good in the morning.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wanna see more pictures of your cheerleader...

A good lookin' girl reading a book... damn.

Quick Reply: First Full Detail...pretty tired now