First Full Detail...pretty tired now

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 02:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Full Detail...pretty tired now

First, props to RP and all the rest of you guys that do this for a living, it's not easy.

I was tired of reading about everyone detailing their trucks, and having no time to do it. So I took the day off from the rigors of Organic Chemistry (If anyone still believes that the Army is full of idiots who don't have options in life, point them my direction...) to make my truck shine shine shine.

The one thing I have yet to find a solution to is glass treatment. I had to pull over twice two nights ago b/c I couldn't see through my flippin windshield. I am very finicky about the windows on my truck, and have yet to find a product that gets them truly crystal clean with ZERO residue (maybe with the exception of Castles window cleaner, but I can't find that anymore). I've tried quite a few products. Thoughts?

Last question: Long term storage. Has anyone put their truck away, for say, 15 months? I would like to hear any advice the community has for this situation (selling is not an option). I have done nothing of the sort, and need to get the ball rollin'.

I'm done now. Let me know what you think.
Hooah. Go Army.

Here's the link to the album made for this all-day extravaganza:

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?num=14437

Old 07-30-2007, 03:22 AM
Truck looks great. Nice job. No interior?

Old 07-30-2007, 05:40 AM
The truck looks really good man...but I warn you, there's no turning back now. It will only get worse as time goes on...8.5 hours this time, 10 the next, 12 after that. Just kidding. Actually, the more you do this the faster you get at it. Now it's time to grab yourself a PC.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've found a trick with glass, use newspaper to wipe with. Works great but you will wont to use gloves for your hands. GO NAVY!!

Old 07-30-2007, 09:41 AM
Very nice. I swear that a DA will make your life better.

No way am I every going after my truck/car/RV by hand.

Did you do the wheel wells too? No cutting corners on this forum!

Old 07-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Have you tried Stoners Invisible Glass or Meguiars Nxt glass cleaner? Both are very highly recommended, I use Invisible Glass and love it.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock

Did you do the wheel wells too? No cutting corners on this forum!
Oops..caught me . Didn't even think about it.

LSU- I've tried stoners with no luck , but havn't tried either the newspaper trick or the NXT treatment. Has anyone heard of Castles or used it before? It was an aerosol in a blue can. Pure magic. Anyways, thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. Any ideas on storage, or is that for another forum?

Trending Topics

Old 07-30-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by ArmyDude
Oops..caught me . Didn't even think about it.

LSU- I've tried stoners with no luck , but havn't tried either the newspaper trick or the NXT treatment. Has anyone heard of Castles or used it before? It was an aerosol in a blue can. Pure magic. Anyways, thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. Any ideas on storage, or is that for another forum?
Try Spray Way glass cleaner or Spray Way Crazy Cleaner. One trick, when using MF towels on glass make sure you don't use any fabric soften on the towels..that is a no no.

Secondly, try some Megs HyperDress at 4:1 ratio and watch your wheels wells shine up like crazy.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Try Spray Way glass cleaner or Spray Way Crazy Cleaner. One trick, when using MF towels on glass make sure you don't use any fabric soften on the towels..that is a no no.

Secondly, try some Megs HyperDress at 4:1 ratio and watch your wheels wells shine up like crazy.
Thanks RR . Is there normal consumer store that carries these products? I don't recall seeing them at the auto stores I've been frequenting...

Old 07-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by ArmyDude
Thanks RR . Is there normal consumer store that carries these products? I don't recall seeing them at the auto stores I've been frequenting...
Sprayway brand cleaners can be found at Ace Hardware, sometimes at Lowes/Homedepot and the like. As for Hyperdress, you'll want to go to ADS for stuff like that. Be careful....you may end up buying a lot more stuff....

First it starts with trips to Autozone etc...then you start looking on the web, then you you wake up one afternoon passed out in your garage after eating a whole jar of Poorboys nattys red wax b/c it smelled soooo good.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LsuSuperCrew
Have you tried Stoners Invisible Glass or Meguiars Nxt glass cleaner? Both are very highly recommended, I use Invisible Glass and love it.
x2 for invisible glass

Old 07-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the props but, I don't do this for a living. The margin is far too low and my mortgage is far too high.

Looks pretty good... glad someone got to your wheel wells before I did... I'm not that friendly. LMAO! HAHAHA!

Old 07-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Looks good man!! Nice job!

Get you some bigger tires on that bad boy and it'll look even sweeter.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Stoners...

Originally Posted by keith_bennett
x2 for invisible glass
With the amt of people putting stoners on their truck, I must be doing something wrong...I'll try again with brand new MF towel and/or newspaper.

Sorry RP:o ...your work makes one think that you do it for a living...

Thanks RollingRock, can you pm me your email, I've got some questions with the hyperdressing...

I'll get on the wheel wells.....promise

Old 07-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Hyperdressing works great. I use it all the time. It smells like grapes too. You can also use that tire foam you have on the wheel wells.

Last edited by Sleestak; 07-30-2007 at 05:24 PM.

Quick Reply: First Full Detail...pretty tired now