Dark Blue detail, newb first shot (1 pic)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dark Blue detail, newb first shot (1 pic)

Well I got the detailing bug after noticing some swirling on my truck (I'm the second owner, the first owner traded it in after 1 year and after doing a few lame things to it... anyway...) I decided to get rid of all of the swirls and the water spots that had built up... over the last three weeks i have done the following (man my arms are tired):

1st day(two weeks ago):
Washed with NXT wash
MEgs Scratch X all the way around
Megs NXT Tech Wax all the way around
that seemed to get rid of the swirls as they werent that bad, but then I started noticing all of the old water spots on my hood, roof, etc. so i decided to get those off as soon as I had the time...

2nd day (last weekend)
Washed again
Megs Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner in the Hood only(twice)
MEgs Deep Crystal Polish on the hood only
NXT Tech Wax, hood only
Megs UQD all the way around
that got rid of all of the water spots on the hood and it looks great now!!

Today, I decided to do the roof to get the water spots off of it, took 2 hours, got about 90% of them off... I got tired (No PC yet... soon... )

SO here's a shot of my truck with some Megs UQD

Last edited by BlueF150_guy; 08-11-2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Pretty...I like blue.

Old 08-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When you get your PC it will take you to a new level. I used my new PC yesterday and am very pleased with its performance.

Old 08-12-2007, 03:18 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Is the color of your truck called Dark Blue Pearl Metallic? That is what mine is. The next time I do an extensive detail i'm going to follow your techniques and see how mine turns out.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Medium Wedgewood Blue

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Is the color of your truck called Dark Blue Pearl Metallic? That is what mine is. The next time I do an extensive detail i'm going to follow your techniques and see how mine turns out.
My truck color is called "Medium Wedgewood Blue"...

good luck on the detailing... save yourself the work and get a PC right off the bat...

Old 08-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Sounds like you worked your a$$ off, but the good thing now is that if you keep up on your care and maintenance of the finish, you shouldn't have to got through such an involved detailing process again for quite some time.

Looks good.....

Old 08-12-2007, 04:09 PM
niiiceeee. My f150 is "true blue" and it is a royall pain in the *** keeping that thing waxed and clean. I talked the guy down at the carwash to $60 for a full wash + full interior shampoo, wax, plastic detail, etc... =) I gotta do that pretty much every time now.

I had alot of swirls marks and tiny scratched in my paint, so I took it to a detailing shop and asked them what I could do, and the guy told me I had no wax layer and that that was my major problem. Instead of scratching the wax, my actuall clear coat was getting scratche. His solution was 4 good coats of wax and then re-wax it or go over it with quick detailer every week for a couple of weeks to build up my wax coating again.

So00o0o0o, went out and bought some nano wax and waxed it 3 times in a row, then did a quick detailer. After that i took it to the carwash and got that fairly good $60 deal. I dont notice the scratches or swirl marks anymore....

Last edited by fordboy05; 08-12-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:09 PM
What is the difference with the blue colors available? I went to the Ford build and price, and the only blue they offer as an option is deep blue metallic clearcoat. Yet I got a window sticker from a dealer via email at a truck they found for me and it was deep blue pearl clearcoat. And now I'm seein g true blue, wedgewood blue, what gives? what's the difference between pearl and metallic?

Old 10-26-2007, 07:15 PM
i almost got that blue. very nice truck

Old 10-26-2007, 10:39 PM
I really like it on my 250! Dark Blue Pearl Coat, the pearl gives it that flip flop effect, in other words kind of changes colors in dif. lights.

Quick Reply: Dark Blue detail, newb first shot (1 pic)