Chrome Wheels vs Eagle 1 Wheel Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chrome Wheels vs Eagle 1 Wheel Cleaner

I like many of us, take exceptional care of my vehicles. I always treat my wheels like my paint, with the utmost care. I always wax them with a high quality synthetic as well. However, I've had some real stubborn brake dust issues on the inside "edges" of the spokes on my wheels. I tried everything including claying them with no avail. I had to go to AutoZone to pick up some wash. I found some Eagle 1 Nano Chrome & Wire Wheel Cleaner. Now I've never used ANY Eagle 1 products and only laughed when I saw them. I decided to give it a try since nothing else has worked. It says to let it sit for 30 seconds and rinse off. I didn't think it'd work but it did! I decided to spray them and than hit them with a soapy sponge and it worked even better! It was getting dark so I really couldn't tell if it removed my stubborn trouble spots. I did a little dance and said a prayer and headed inside. I decided to try out some of the new "WheelWax" I got and to my amazement, they were SPOTLESS. After hitting them up with the WheelWax they look 10 times better than new. Now I don't plan on using this cleaner every wash and wouldn't suggest it to anyone since its made of acids, strong ones at that. This stuff will burn your hands and if you've got a cut, forget it. Trust me, I learned the hard way! LOL

To end this post before I rant any longer, this stuff works and works well! I give it a thumbs up!

Old 08-12-2007, 04:12 AM
I just got Eagle 1 "All Whel & Tire Cleaner" (different stuff??) on sale for the same problem om my wheels, have not tried it yet but will soon and report back. I have always used just car wash and wax on the outsides and have tried the same car wash with a wheel brush on the insides. The insides are impossible to get clean that way because the soap isn't strong enough and there isn't much room to get even that little brush in between the brake rotor and the wheel. It's a knuckle scraper of a job. Some people take the wheels off and do it but the big tires and 150 ftlbs torque on the lug nuts are not the easiest to play with. Hope this stuff works like yours did.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:18 AM
I forgot to mention my wheels are clearcoated and I have always been leery of using any of tie acidic stuff on them.

Quick Reply: Chrome Wheels vs Eagle 1 Wheel Cleaner