Cleaning DA Pads? Best way?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 01:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jolly_Green_Giant
limburger on the manifold!

I took the advice I'd heard here. Murphy's oil soap, squeeze psudo dry, air dry all the way, into ziplock.

Works great.
Your sig photo looks like a good Dove Field.

Got my lease, ready to put some holes in the air.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:59 AM
LRG
Originally Posted by roushstage2
Isn't Murphy's Oil Soap the stuff for cleaning floors?

I soak mine in hot water for 5-10 minutes, put a couple of pumps of Dawn Foaming Soap on, scrub with a brush, and thoroughly rinse out. Takes all of the wax, etc out, and makes it look brand new!

It works good on wood yes, but it's just an oil based soap which happens to work super well on polishes and waxes since the majority of them are oil based. I've use it for a while and it works great! I also like to put some in a bucket of water and toss the pads in as I switch them out on the polisher. Quite a bit of it comes out just while they're soaking and makes for easier clean up later.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:18 AM
First rinse with warm water and get out as much crap as you can. Then spray on Woolite 8:1, scrub with soft brush, rinse well, put on PC or rotary to spin dry, lay FACE down on paper towel for the day, once dry store in plastic container, not plastic bag.

Old 08-18-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by LRG
It works good on wood yes, but it's just an oil based soap which happens to work super well on polishes and waxes since the majority of them are oil based. I've use it for a while and it works great! I also like to put some in a bucket of water and toss the pads in as I switch them out on the polisher. Quite a bit of it comes out just while they're soaking and makes for easier clean up later.
Mruphy's Oil Soap worked pretty well, got the old product off but not the coloring of some. Some of that PoorBoys stuff doesn't seem to come off.

Thanks for the tips...may try the woolite next go around.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Your sig photo looks like a good Dove Field.

Got my lease, ready to put some holes in the air.

Would be if it wern't a state park. Good thing about having several farmer friends. Multiple dove spots for free. Well maybe for a few cold drinks after the hunt.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:07 AM
I had a problem with getting NXT out of my little yellow megs pads. (Hand app pads) My wife bought a gallon 505 at Home Depot. Poured about an inch in an old half gallon tea jug and went about half way with hot water. When I put the first pad in the wax jumped out. Took about 10 seconds and then I rinsed it out good. Let dry and it looks brand new.

I tried it on a LC Blue pad and it got all the NXT out of it as well. I've only done this twice on the LC pad so not sure if the vlecro will hold up or not but so far I haven't had any problems. Before NXT was a pain even with Dawn dish soap. The 505 works fast.

Tic

Old 08-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Ticman
I had a problem with getting NXT out of my little yellow megs pads. (Hand app pads) My wife bought a gallon 505 at Home Depot. Poured about an inch in an old half gallon tea jug and went about half way with hot water. When I put the first pad in the wax jumped out. Took about 10 seconds and then I rinsed it out good. Let dry and it looks brand new.

I tried it on a LC Blue pad and it got all the NXT out of it as well. I've only done this twice on the LC pad so not sure if the vlecro will hold up or not but so far I haven't had any problems. Before NXT was a pain even with Dawn dish soap. The 505 works fast.

Tic
What is 505? Is like Simple Green?

Old 08-20-2007, 11:10 AM
It was on the same shelf with SG. It's kind of like supped up 409. (I guess)Sure breaks up NXT in a hurry. Oh, it's best to be outside when using it, that stuff will give you a headache pretty quick from the fumes.

Tic

Old 08-20-2007, 03:52 PM
I wouldnt use that. Treat pads like MF.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Oh, it's best to be outside when using it, that stuff will give you a headache pretty quick from the fumes.

Tic
Whenever this is the case, imagine being enveloped in it. Thats how the pad feels. It is surely degrading the pad, velcro, and adhesives, not to mention a general bad practice alltogether...

Old 08-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Whenever this is the case, imagine being enveloped in it. Thats how the pad feels. It is surely degrading the pad, velcro, and adhesives, not to mention a general bad practice alltogether...
Not sure a pad has feelings... but it does reminds me of the XMT pad cleaner. That stuff is really strong as well.

I'm only going to use it on the one DA pad for now and see how it holds up. It is the only thing I've tried so far that will get NXT out completly. I'm trying to find some Dawn Power Dissolver to try next.

just kiddin around about the feeling thing..

Tic..

Old 08-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Not sure a pad has feelings...

Tic..
Oh they do... Mine are always tempermental with me or pissed at me when I havent used them in awhile... They feel like I dont love them anymore, and they let me know...

ANYWAYS... White Vinegar also helps to get waxes and such out of MFs and pads... I dont know how much to put in, so when I do a load, I do this:

Add some liquid Gain
Add a splash of Simple Green (about 2 tablespoons)
add a slpash of Vinegar (about 1 tablespoon)
Add a splash of OxyClean (About 1 teaspoon)

I know-- I am mixing chemicals like crazy, but it works well, and for US Navy Whites, this combo (maybe add a Tablespoon for each product) gets everything REALLY nice and white. (In fact, my training officer asked me a few days ago how I can afford to buy a new dixie cup--sailor hat-- every week... I laughed, then had to spill my guts and tell her my secret washing formula, derived while trying to get MFs clean )

Old 08-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Oh they do... Mine are always tempermental with me or pissed at me when I havent used them in awhile... They feel like I dont love them anymore, and they let me know...

That is soooo funny. Maybe I just haven't been listening to my pads. LOL!!!

Old 08-20-2007, 07:53 PM

That is soooo funny. Maybe I just haven't been listening to my pads. LOL!!!
I promise you, the first time you really listen to them, they will be screaming "I have been trying to tell you this for a LONG time now!!!" Then, they will more than likely engage you in a romantic conversation, pending you are massaging all the toxins (ie: NXT) out of them in a warm bubble bath...

Just dont let your girlfriend hear you -- she may think your cheating on her with some cheap floozy...

Old 08-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
I promise you, the first time you really listen to them, they will be screaming "I have been trying to tell you this for a LONG time now!!!" Then, they will more than likely engage you in a romantic conversation, pending you are massaging all the toxins (ie: NXT) out of them in a warm bubble bath...

Just dont let your girlfriend hear you -- she may think your cheating on her with some cheap floozy...
This thread is starting to make me a little nervous.....

Quick Reply: Cleaning DA Pads? Best way?