The best way ever to get the bugs off!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation The best way ever to get the bugs off!

I usually soak the front end of the truck with WD-40 before I wash my truck, and that gets most of them off.

But today I had a revelation.

Mr. Clean Magic eraser!

Don't laugh. It works great. It took all those little corpses off. I look like I am driving a brand new truck!

I washed the truck before I used the eraser. Then I wet it like the instructions say. They came off effortlessly! So did all those other little marks that I have to buff off when I am waxing. I wipped the exces water off with a towel when I finished.

It's hard not to sound like a commercial, but it works. And afterwards, there isnt any paint on the thing.

So try it if you want.

(Flame suit on)

Old 08-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mr. Clean ME works awsome for getting some things off, Im not sure how much I would want to use it on my paint though, since it cleans by abbrasion.

Remember that its rubbing on the clearcoat too, so you wouldnt be able to see it if it was rubbing off the paint.
Which could eventually happen if you used it a lot, but it would take a lot of washes with it.

Just a word of warning I guess...

Old 08-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Unhappy Removing cap off a alloy rim - help me!!!

Can someone tell me how to remove the cap off my alloy rim with out scratching the rim? Is there something I to release or push in the little opening?

Ken

Old 08-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by MD_Ken
Can someone tell me how to remove the cap off my alloy rim with out scratching the rim? Is there something I to release or push in the little opening?

Ken

lol... I assume you meant for this question to be a new thread, but since we're already here, if you dig out your jack (no pun intended), you'll notice that one end of the tire iron has a rubber end on it. That works great for removing those caps without damaging the alloy. Just stick'er in that lil slot, and pry the cap off. Nuttin to it

Last edited by last5oh_302; 08-19-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by last5oh_302

lol... I assume you meant for this question to be a new thread, but since we're already here, if you dig out your jack (no pun intended), you'll notice that one end of the tire iron has a rubber end on it. That works great for removing those caps without damaging the alloy. Just stick'er in that lil slot, and pry the cap off. Nuttin to it
I thank you very much for the reply. I am a newb and don't know the ropes so I saw the recent time stamp and I'd figured I'd go for it. I thought for sure it would be something more complicated and I didn't want to muscle it off and scratch up my brand spankin new rims. Mucho thanks..

Ken

Old 08-19-2007, 08:50 PM
I found the thing that works best for me is just to rinse the front end with water and use a dryer sheet.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Suspended
OMFG!!! You guys are using Dryer sheets and Magic Erasers on Paint???? Lay off what ever you are smokin and visit the Detailing section. Those are some really harsh/abrasive things to be using on paint. And WD-40 not the best. You guys better hope Rockpick or RollingRock dont read this.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Be very careful with the Magic Eraser. I would say yes on chrome but no on paint. It will scratch your clear coat all up. My wife used one in our old house on the laminate counter tops in the kitchen. It scratched the spot up pretty bad and you could always tell where she used it.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wxscpo
I found the thing that works best for me is just to rinse the front end with water and use a dryer sheet.
who the hell comes up with these ideas, you guys are in a clever league of your own (compliment). I wonder how abrasive the eraser is? I'm hoping it's nothing that can't be buffed off easily.

My wife used one in our old house on the laminate counter tops in the kitchen. It scratched the spot up pretty bad and you could always tell where she used it.
I don't know if it was worth selling the house for but you must be related to Brew...nobody will get that.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:12 PM
I have heard about alot of people using dryer sheets, but I have never tried it or WD-40. I am cautious about the magic eraser also.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:20 PM
All i do is spray it with water first b4 the truck and then clean the rest of the truck and as i clean the truck and rinse soap off section by section i'll spray the front to keep it wet, and usually the water will losen those suckers up good enough so that when i finnaly get to the front they come off pretty good, although if there is stubborn one then ill just use a microfiber cloth to rub it out.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Suspended
Rub it out??? Wow, no bueno. You guys ever heard of a Clay bar, or mabey just some good ol Bug and Tar remover?? Or mabey you should just wax your ride every now and then(3-4times a year) and everything will come off that much easier.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Josiah

I don't know if it was worth selling the house for but you must be related to Brew...nobody will get that.

Because he gets a new truck whenever the gas tank gets low???

HAHAHAHAHA(lame)HAHAHAHAHA

Old 08-19-2007, 10:29 PM
you dont even want to know how often i wax my truck, 3 times past month no joke, but it looks so damn good when its waxed, mothers gold class if anyone was wondering that stuff rocks...

Old 08-19-2007, 10:33 PM
The bugs around here dont care if you have wax or not, they are still hard to get off. I use a bug sponge and it works pretty well.

Quick Reply: The best way ever to get the bugs off!