claying a black truck??

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RollingRock
You better, that is one sweet ride you have.

I clay 2-5 times per year pending how the paint feels.

Since I just got my baby back from the body shop today () I have to now wait 45 days to go at it. They did a great job. Blended it nice.
Thanks.

I know what you mean because I'm waiting 2 months before I touch my fender flares with anything. What did you have done to the truck?

Old 08-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Ftruck05
Claying your truck when it is still muddy is a bad idea.
Why??? I find it most rewarding!!!

And for your simple physics. True the crap the front wheels cannot hit the front, what about the crap coming off the car in front of you???
Hmmm.... Ya' got a point there, man... I never think about this because I drive in an area mostly a ways between cars (ie: most of my commute is through neighborhoods = few cars = little to no slung up stuff...). But if you do any real amount of city driving, or find yourself behind a semi... Got me there...

Does that go directly to the dirt magnet in the tailgate???
so THAT is what FMC equipped these things with... I always wondered why I always have to wash...

Im voting nastiest parts the hood, grill surround, and the rockers.
Hood... Not mine, but maybe I dont notice as much because of all the rock chips and such... Same for the grill surround. Rockers-- AGREED. NASTY!!!

And where did you get "windscreen" from anyways???
Windshield, windscreen... Same thing, different phrase. (kinda like the potato vs. spuds...)

Either way, use the claybar, keep kneading it, and DONT DROP THE CLAY!!! (throw it away if you do)

Old 08-21-2007, 04:14 AM
Is there an expiration date for a new claybar that is still in the package?

Quick Reply: claying a black truck??