tips for taking care of a white truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Hmmm... I have been shopping around tonight... I have a few other goodies that I think I may snare soon... including some PB stuff... and a bunch from ADS... Xmas time in August!!!

What are your thoughts of each of the Trifecta? (ie: full description). I am beginning to get really interested in using Strawberry Red and wildberry Blue on the truck... But I want to know more... (and what can I name the white one??? Has to be tasty sounding, even though it doesnt have a smell...)

If you jumped on the DA, what day would it get here? (email)
I don't want to hijack this thread from the poster but since you asked.

I have a second plan on the DA...stay tuned.

As for the the trifecta...the white is simply called Natty's Paste Wax. The original. The blue smells like bubble gum and the LE Red is as you know....yummy.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Pics were taken just after I clayed, Klasse AIO, Menzerna Intensive Polish, PB EX-P topped with P21s. I use Duragloss Aqua Wax every 2 weeks to keep it looking nice. Aqua Wax is one of my favs. Great stuff. The entire Poor Boys line is good too. I have the Nattys white, blue, ex-p and ssr 1, 2, 2.5, and 3.

Last edited by Sleestak; 08-24-2007 at 12:40 AM.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I don't want to hijack this thread from the poster but since you asked.

As for the the trifecta...the white is simply called Natty's Paste Wax. The original. The blue smells like bubble gum and the LE Red is as you know....yummy.
Cool. (Email sent right before I saw this post... lets finish the DA Thing Via email...)

Any report on the way each of the trifecta went on, came off, looked, hid swirls, looks, etc???

Old 08-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by Sleestak
Pics were taken just after I clayed, Klasse AIO, Menzerna Intensive Polish, PB EX-P topped with P21s. I use Duragloss Aqua Wax every 2 weeks to keep it looking nice. Aqua Wax is one of my favs. Great stuff. The entire Poor Boys line is good too. I have the Nattys white, blue, ex-p and ssr 1, 2, 2.5, and 3.
Love me sum PB's

Old 08-24-2007, 12:45 AM
Love me sum PB's
After playing with it today, how could anyone not love it???

Old 08-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Suspended
thanks, for all the input guys if the rain ever lets up around here i'll get started on it...

Old 08-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Any new word??? (Email sent Fri, but you went to Arkansas...) Let me know the plan, man.

Thanks again! (Much appreciated!!!)

Old 08-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Any tips on keeping a new white one looking good? Truck was built in June,I bought it mid July so it didn't sit around very long. Truck was waxed b4 delivery with Castle Bright Knight. I waxed it today using Megs Gold Class.

On a different note-What is wrong with Ford paint? Man the orange peel is so bad on this truck the bugs trip!! My '05 sonic blue Ranger had huge runs(waterfalls) on the inside of the box. Common? Or did I get the only 2 bad ones?

Old 08-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by 07stxscab
Any tips on keeping a new white one looking good? Truck was built in June,I bought it mid July so it didn't sit around very long. Truck was waxed b4 delivery with Castle Bright Knight. I waxed it today using Megs Gold Class.

On a different note-What is wrong with Ford paint? Man the orange peel is so bad on this truck the bugs trip!! My '05 sonic blue Ranger had huge runs(waterfalls) on the inside of the box. Common? Or did I get the only 2 bad ones?
2 things:
1. Email me for the sticky
2. Welcome to the Orange Peel Club!!! Some are worse than others, but these trucks definately have some OP...

Old 08-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by buckin150
i have spent way more time under the hood, than i have detailing it. i know may bad.. but anyways, my other truck is white and i was just wondering if y'all had any tips for keeping white looking good... thanks, buck
Wash it

Old 08-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by 07stxscab

Huh? on the inside of the box? Meaning...inside the bed of the truck? If so who cares...spray in liner takes care of that.

As for the standard option that Ford provides on Orange Peel...get used to that...even the Rovers have it.

Old 08-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by buckin150
i have spent way more time under the hood, than i have detailing it. i know may bad.. but anyways, my other truck is white and i was just wondering if y'all had any tips for keeping white looking good... thanks, buck

Originally Posted by keith_bennett
Wash it

walked into that one

Old 08-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol

Old 09-13-2007, 12:06 AM
MaxTorque02

that is the guy, man that Navi is incredible.
Wow RollinRock, thanks for the compliments. I haven't been on this site for awhile but thought I would check in and I find this thread. Although, I really like the products I used back then, but like all of us, we all move on and experiment with different products. I've been using some Optimum Polish and Compound with really nice results as they give an enormous amount of work time with the PC. I also went away from the PB EX-P and have been using UPP, which is one of the slickest sealants I have ever used. Currently I'm using some Duragloss product and have found their Aquawax to be an awesome product as it goes on like a QD and gives a shine second to none with outstanding slickness. It's also suppose to be very durable and it seems to be holding true to that. I have recently purchased their 105 but I haven't used it on the Navigator yet. Said to be similar to Zaino and will give about 6 month protection. All my cars will get a layer of that before winter sets in. Two products I still use is Clearkote's Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze and also their Quickshine QD. Both excellent products in my book.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:19 AM
Everyone knows that no matter what you do, a white truck will not brilliantly shine with depth as those trucks with darker paint.To make a white truck stand out, dressing up your bumper plastic, window moldings, and tires is KEY. Doing this enhances the overall contrast to your truck thus making your paint "pop."

Quick Reply: tips for taking care of a white truck