tips for taking care of a white truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kaliscrew2k2
Everyone knows that no matter what you do, a white truck will not brilliantly shine with depth as those trucks with darker paint.To make a white truck stand out, dressing up your bumper plastic, window moldings, and tires is KEY. Doing this enhances the overall contrast to your truck thus making your paint "pop."
Sorry to dog pile you here but I totally disagree with your post.

I am sure you meant to word your post differently. As I know for a fact that if done properly you can make a while shine with really deep color. They also look very slippery wet.

There are a few OCD detailing guys around with white trucks that also will disagree with you.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Sorry to dog pile you here but I totally disagree with your post.

I am sure you meant to word your post differently. As I know for a fact that if done properly you can make a while shine with really deep color. They also look very slippery wet.

There are a few OCD detailing guys around with white trucks that also will disagree with you.
Agreed. I have worked on several white cars, and I have seen pics of even more... White just takes a few different products than black, no big deal. Its all a matter of how you do it and with what products. White can look absolutely fantastic, and dripping wet.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Everyone knows that no matter what you do, a white truck will not brilliantly shine with depth as those trucks with darker paint.To make a white truck stand out, dressing up your bumper plastic, window moldings, and tires is KEY. Doing this enhances the overall contrast to your truck thus making your paint "pop."
Tell me this doesn't look deep.

Of course the credit goes to maxtorque02 for his photos.

Old 09-16-2007, 01:54 PM
I remember when those were first posted... Since then, that first pic has been my example of what white should look like. THAT is what I call dripping wet.

If I remember right, he used Moose wax on that thing-- either in the polishing or the wax stage... Anybody remember? Looks like its topped with #26, though.

Old 09-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Tell me this doesn't look deep.

Of course the credit goes to maxtorque02 for his photos.
Sure it looks deep there, now put a black truck next to that then take the picture again in the sunlight.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Sure it looks deep there, now put a black truck next to that then take the picture again in the sunlight.

My old F150

In direct sunlight.

Edit: Had to add this photo.
[IMG][/IMG]

Working with White is a challenge. There are those who can do and those cannot but like most things, its easier to be a critic.

Last edited by RollingRock; 09-16-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:02 PM
My old F150

In direct sunlight.

Edit: Had to add this photo.
[IMG][/IMG]

Working with White is a challenge. There are those who can do and those cannot but like most things, its easier to be a critic.
The truck looks great

Old 09-16-2007, 11:11 PM
The truck looks great

Thanks, it takes a lot of work. There are many paths but this is what was used on the second photo

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 09-16-2007, 11:19 PM
Don't get me wrong, I am a #1 fan of white trucks. I never said a white truck can't shine, I was just comparing it to darker colored paint is all. Here's a picture of my truck in direct sunlight, not under a shade or shadow. This was taken a few days after I bought it brand new from the dealer, and fully detailed afterwards.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:24 PM
Don't get me wrong, I am a #1 fan of white trucks. I never said a white truck can't shine, I was just comparing it to darker colored paint is all. Here's a picture of my truck in direct sunlight, not under a shade or shadow. This was taken a few days after I bought it brand new from the dealer, and fully detailed afterwards.

No worries, but I could your truck shine enough to drop your jaw.

I also agree with you about darker colors...its harder to make white pop...but it can be done.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
I remember when those were first posted... Since then, that first pic has been my example of what white should look like. THAT is what I call dripping wet.

If I remember right, he used Moose wax on that thing-- either in the polishing or the wax stage... Anybody remember? Looks like its topped with #26, though.

Vanilla Moose.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Well, as an owner of a white Navigator and a black Mustang, there's no doubt that black, properly done will always look deeper, but I can assure you that my white Navigator shines pretty nice in the sunlight also.

Process on the Navigator was:

wash
clay
Meg's DACP
Meg's #80
Vanilla Moose
PB EX-P
S100

Here's a picture of my dad's black Chevy that I detailed awhile back. This was in pretty rough shape before I got to it. Process was:

wash
clay
Meg's DACP
Meg's #80
Vanilla Moose
4* UPP

Old 09-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Vanilla Moose.
I hope you either looked that up or remembered it...Because if you just called that by the photo alone, I am scared... I do remember, though, when you did call a wax combo...That was kinda scary...

I have heard great thinga about the Vanilla Moose (and I believe there was another one called Cherry Moose). Have you ever used it? If so, let me know what you think.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:13 AM
Cool

I think I'll stick to Megs.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:45 AM
Looks great, man.
Not to shoot down Megs (they are still #1 on my list overall), but other companies have different things to offer. For instance, #845 Collinite Insulator Wax, Nattys Red (and blue and white), the PB SSR line, ClearKote's Moose line, etc. Its also fun to try new things...

Quick Reply: tips for taking care of a white truck