tips for taking care of a white truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
I hope you either looked that up or remembered it...Because if you just called that by the photo alone, I am scared... I do remember, though, when you did call a wax combo...That was kinda scary...

I have heard great things about the Vanilla Moose (and I believe there was another one called Cherry Moose). Have you ever used it? If so, let me know what you think.
Vanilla Moose is an excellent product as it just gives you that little bit of extra shine and depth. I've never heard of Cherry Moose and it's definitely not made by Clearkote if it exists. They do have a Red Machine Glaze (RMG) that's also an excellent finish glaze and works especially well on blacks and reds. You may be thinking of a product called Cherry Wet Wax which is a pretty decent one step wax, but doesn't have much in the way of durability. Like with any product the results are only as good as the prep.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:32 PM
G100

Originally Posted by RollingRock
welcome to the C&D section

Check this thread out.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291672
You seem to have all the answers and do not mind helping others so, what is G100 that you used on your wifes car? Would you change anything for black?
Thanks for all the info, I send other questions but am not sure i attached them.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by FALCON50EX
You seem to have all the answers and do not mind helping others so, what is G100 that you used on your wifes car? Would you change anything for black?
Thanks for all the info, I send other questions but am not sure i attached them.
Yes my process is different for a black car but I have to see the paint to totally answer it.

The process should be the same.
Wash
Clay
Polish
Seal
Wax

The variance is in the products

I like Poorboys and Optimum for dark colors followed by either S100 or Poorboys Natty's Red or Blue

A recent photo of black.

Edit: Sorry I missed your other question...I think the answer is in the thread with my wife's car and what pads I used.

My tail gate on Dark Copper

Last edited by RollingRock; 09-18-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:51 PM
G100???

Yes my process is different for a black car but I have to see the paint to totally answer it.

The process should be the same.
Wash
Clay
Polish
Seal
Wax

The variance is in the products

I like Poorboys and Optimum for dark colors followed by either S100 or Poorboys Natty's Red or Blue

A recent photo of black.

Edit: Sorry I missed your other question...I think the answer is in the thread with my wife's car and what pads I used.
Is this just a part time thing or full time job? The LandRover looks great! My truck in new, I was out of town and my wife left it for me at work, I will keep her. The wife and truck. I use Megs gold the Liquid Glass once or twice a week. I also use the new Ultim megs detailer it works great to bead the water off.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Its not a job, I work in the software business. Its more of a hobby or OCD passion.

I don't use a G100, I use the big brother, PorterCable 7424, that is who makes the G100 for Megs.

Same thing. The G100 has a life time warranty though I think.

If your truck is new, I would still

Wash
Clay
then deep polish, paint level using Optimum or Poorboys polish to get out the micro marring that your truck has from using cotton wash cloths.

Then seal it up and put wax on it.

If were mine this is what I would do

Polish with Poorboys SSR 2 or 2.5, using a Yellow Lake Pad (Megs #80)
Then Polish with Optimum Polish or Poorboys Polish with Sealer, using a Green or Blue Lake pad, then finally use Poorboys EXP with a Blue Lake Pad and follow it up with Poorboys Natty's Red (if you can find it) or Blue or 2 coats of S100. (by hand straight lines no circles)

EDIT: The LandRover was done using, Clay, Optimum Polish, Poorboys EXP then S100X2, Wheels were removed to clean out wells and dressed with hyperdressing, 4:1

Last edited by RollingRock; 09-18-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:39 PM
S100 not G100

dude that is bad......really bad. Is that yours? Man I want to see that Sat.
I ment S100 and not G Thanks for all the info.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:43 PM
I ment S100 and not G Thanks for all the info.

Removed post, i was responding to my own question some how.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:12 PM
good stuff

Removed post, i was responding to my own question some how.
you have good stuff and know a lot about this site so how do you put pics into the thread?

Old 09-19-2007, 08:44 PM
you have good stuff and know a lot about this site so how do you put pics into the thread?
There are 2 ways

Set up your F150online gallery or use something like photobucket.com

I prefer to use photobucket b/c you can resize them. Big photos are a no no for posting.

photobucket is also free. The cool thing about photobucket, under each photo you upload it allows you to one click copy the IMG text and location needed, then when you post, you just hit paste or Ctrl V to paste in this text box then submit...blammo you got a photo in a thread.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:48 PM
welcome to the C&D section

Check this thread out.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291672
thanks for the help I will try it just I amjust sitting in a hotel for the next three day.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:00 PM
thanks for the help I will try it just I amjust sitting in a hotel for the next three day.
Know the feeling, been on the road for almost 10 days straight.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Home

Know the feeling, been on the road for almost 10 days straight.
I get home Sat the leave for NJ for 7 days lucky I have a coverd spot a work to keep my truck in. I know computers are your thing but not mine. My last lattop started to smoke and our IT guy replaced it the next day but gave me some things to install that was like asking him to fly my Falcon to me just push the botton and go. Thanks again for all the outstanding info.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:38 PM
I get home Sat the leave for NJ for 7 days lucky I have a coverd spot a work to keep my truck in. I know computers are your thing but not mine. My last lattop started to smoke and our IT guy replaced it the next day but gave me some things to install that was like asking him to fly my Falcon to me just push the botton and go. Thanks again for all the outstanding info.

What do you want your photo to say? I can play with it.

send me a note to jason@southlakeav.com

Old 09-23-2007, 01:04 AM
Based on this thread, I just got some ClearKote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze and Poorboy's EX-P. I see plenty of people here like the S100. But, I already have some Meg #26. How would the VM and EX-P look topped with #26 on a white Expy? Or, should I go ahead and get the S100?

Also, which of the above products to use on Toreador Red and grey (the charcoal looking grey found on STX F150s.)

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by ELVATO
Based on this thread, I just got some ClearKote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze and Poorboy's EX-P. I see plenty of people here like the S100. But, I already have some Meg #26. How would the VM and EX-P look topped with #26 on a white Expy? Or, should I go ahead and get the S100?

Also, which of the above products to use on Toreador Red and grey (the charcoal looking grey found on STX F150s.)

Thanks in advance.

I would love to see the results from using VM HG followed by PB EXP then Megs 26. I think that would yield you extremely good results and the Megs 26 will last longer than S100. think of S10O as almost an optical illusion. It adds depth and clarity to paint. Megs 26 is really good stuff. I just prefer S100 and Nattys for its easy on easy off...oh and its wicked good stuff.

Quick Reply: tips for taking care of a white truck